Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you housed yet?

• 04-01-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Just after spending last two evenings getting sheds ready for housing ewes to lamb in mid March. Putting gates back on, cleaning drinkers etc
    There on winterage but some of them going to have to go in tomorrow, ground around here is just waterlogged,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Lambing from Feb 1st. Twins and triplets in since mid December getting meal. Singles will have to go in soon. Its gone very wet here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Lambing from Feb 1st. Twins and triplets in since mid December getting meal. Singles will have to go in soon. Its gone very wet here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

Lambing mid march, late this year, triples & doubles housed last week. Silage only. Actually never saw ewe's in as good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

Lambing mid march, late this year, triples & doubles housed last week. Silage only. Actually never saw ewe's in as good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Dickie10

when would you want to be feeding meal to doubles and triplet ewes? im due the first of them 20th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Dickie10 wrote: »
    when would you want to be feeding meal to doubles and triplet ewes? im due the first of them 20th Feb

Depends on quality of feed buf I would Generally doubles from around 6 weeks. About 9 weeks for triplets is what I do. Start off on about 0.1 kg up to 0.5 by week 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Dickie10 wrote: »

Are they in or out and what forage are they on ? How are they handling at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

sea12 wrote: »
    Depends on quality of feed buf I would Generally doubles from around 6 weeks. About 9 weeks for triplets is what I do. Start off on about 0.1 kg up to 0.5 by week 6.

Is .5 of a kg not a bit low I give 1 kg per ewe for the last 3 weeks for twins and triplets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Is .5 of a kg not a bit low I give 1 kg per ewe for the last 3 weeks for twins and triplets

I suppose it depends on what is in the feed. Has always worked well for me but I'm not saying your wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Running the ewe lambs in this evening after work to be ready for scanning Saturday. Just out of grass. Spent the last 3 evenings cleaning out the shed and getting it ready.

• Advertisement
Advertisement