Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Bank account advice

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey all,

I never closed my chase bank account before I left after completing my graduate visa.

Do you think I need to contact and close it via phone call now? Or has anyone else been in a similar situation?

I only recently thought about this and am kind of worried it was bad to not have shut it down or something?

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

No need to shut it, though there is a chance with bank charges it may go negative which could affect your credit score if you ever go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, quarterly account maintenance fees normally apply unless you maintain an average daily balance of X amount of dollars. It would be a pity to mess up your credit score just for the sake a couple of bucks. Given them a ring and close it, or transfer some money over into it, in case you ever may go back there & you want to have a bank account. If you go to their website and look around, you should find an alphabetical listing of countries & phone numbers that residents of those counties can use to contact them free of charge.

Advertisement