Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a way to be updated when Apps in Itunes are reduced to FREE??

• 04-01-2014 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭

Kind of like a Black Friday concept???

How do u get the notifications that Apps that were costing XX yesterday are now FREE just for today???

Hope I am explaining it right??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Would the app "appsgonefree" work for you? Free for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Appshopper is great as it shows the entire history of the price of the app.

The only con is that its a website and not an app.

If you want an app to track prices, then you should try App Tracker which is on the appstore.

It will show you apps that went free, top free, and you can search for apps and track them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I'm wrong! Sorry. I didnt know there was an app and assumed you linked to the website!

I tried searching in the appstore a few days ago but had the search set to ipad only, so it didnt appear!

Shame its only in potrait, and not optimized for the ipad.

Free App Tracker is nicer on the ipad, no account needs to be created.

The con of that though is there's no email notifications, and theres a small ad banner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what app is so expensive that you have to wait it's free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

The point is we all like free things. If an app goes free, why not download it?

If free snacks were being given out on the street, I doubt you would ask "What snack is so expensive that you have wait it's free?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

makoten wrote: »
    The point is we all like free things. If an app goes free, why not download it?

If free snacks were being given out on the street, I doubt you would ask "What snack is so expensive that you have wait it's free?"

The app is obviously of value to you, why wait and deprave yourself of time using the app for a couple of euro. That's the point I'm trying to make, not that people don't like free stuff.

The app is obviously of value to you, why wait and deprave yourself of time using the app for a couple of euro. That's the point I'm trying to make, not that people don't like free stuff.

Some apps are of lesser value to people, and waiting to get it for free is no big deal.

Advertisement