Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banch of shrub broken off

• 04-01-2014 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

A small section of on the branches of my gueldor rose shrub broke off near the top about a few inches say at least three inches.Would that damage the plant or kill off that entire branch permantly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭laros

I cant see how it would cause that much damage was it just 1 branch...? They are supposed to be tolerant of hard pruning so just think of it as a light pruning..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

A small section of on the branches of my gueldor rose shrub broke off near the top about a few inches say at least three inches.Would that damage the plant or kill off that entire branch permantly?

Not in the least, these sprawling deciduous shrubs should be cut back hard every few years anyways.

If you have any concerns just check that the break is clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

i asked becaused it happened while planting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Guelder roses (Vibernum Opulus) are tough old things. Provided it does not drown in this weather, it should be fine. Losing a few bits of branch will not be a problem.

Advertisement