Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa queries

Options
  • 04-01-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of visa queries, I don't know if anyone here has info but if you do it would be much appreciated!.

A couple of job opportunities have come up in the US with the possibility of sponsorship. I am presuming that sponsorship means a H1B visa (not too sure).
    At the moment I am sponsored in Australia and I have a defacto partner on my visa. This gives her work authorisation.

I am wondering if I take sponsorship in the US -
    i) Can my partner get sponsored as a defacto on my visa
    ii) Will she be able to work freely on my visa (I have heard conflicting information on this)

Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

H1b does not have provision for a defacto partner, only a spouse. Spouse of a H1b cannot work, spouse of a L visa holder can but that is for internal transfers only. There is some provision for defacto partners to get B visas long term but again no working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Thanks for that. Much appreciated :-)

Advertisement