Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the benefits of choosing Electric Ireland?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just moved to Ireland and going to rent a property of my own from next week.

What's the deal with nightsaver? What are it's advantages and is there any extra installation fees for it?

Is it safe to pay using Direct Debit? Because it's asking 300 euros deposit as I am a new customer, in case I do not choose direct debit option.
    In case, I choose the direct debit, is the bank going to ask me first before the bill is deducted from my account, or the bill is deducted automatically without my permission?

Is there any lease with the connection? Because I am going to stay in this property for 6 months only, and is there going to be any fee if I move to another county?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi masterboy123,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to Ireland. Hope you're settling in.
    What's the deal with nightsaver? What are it's advantages and is there any extra installation fees for it?

There is no fee to have the nightsaver meter installed, though there is a fee for changing from the nightsaver meter back to the standard meter (see here).

The reduced nightsaver unit rate, effective from 11pm to 8am (or 12am to 9am in summertime), offers a 50% saving as against the nightsaver day rate. Bear in mind however that the nightsaver day rate is 1c more expensive than the standard day rate, and the daily standing charge also increases (see here for details). For this reason, you would need to use roughly a quarter of your usage in the designated night rate hours to make a saving.
    Is it safe to pay using Direct Debit? Because it's asking 300 euros deposit as I am a new customer, in case I do not choose direct debit option.

It's very safe to pay by direct debit, and yes, if you sign up to direct debit you don't have to pay the €300 security deposit.
    In case, I choose the direct debit, is the bank going to ask me first before the bill is deducted from my account, or the bill is deducted automatically without my permission?

If you pay by direct debit, you receive a bill and 14 days later the amount will be collected by direct debit. The date of collection is shown on the first page of your Electric Ireland bill.
    Is there any lease with the connection? Because I am going to stay in this property for 6 months only, and is there going to be any fee if I move to another county?

There is a contract if you sign up to our priceplans (discounts available of up to 10% off gas and electricity), but if you close your account because you are moving location (rather than switching supplier) then you wouldn't be charged any early exit fee.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi masterboy123,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to Ireland. Hope you're settling in.
    Originally posted by masterboy123

There is no fee to have the nightsaver meter installed, though there is a fee for changing from the nightsaver meter back to the standard meter (see here).

The reduced nightsaver unit rate, effective from 11pm to 8am (or 12am to 9am in summertime), offers a 50% saving as against the nightsaver day rate. Bear in mind however that the nightsaver day rate is 1c more expensive than the standard day rate, and the daily standing charge also increases (see here for details). For this reason, you would need to use roughly a quarter of your usage in the designated night rate hours to make a saving.

It's very safe to pay by direct debit, and yes, if you sign up to direct debit you don't have to pay the €300 security deposit.

If you pay by direct debit, you receive a bill and 14 days later the amount will be collected by direct debit. The date of collection is shown on the first page of your Electric Ireland bill.

There is a contract if you sign up to our priceplans (discounts available of up to 10% off gas and electricity), but if you close your account because you are moving location (rather than switching supplier) then you wouldn't be charged any early exit fee.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David
    [/QUOTE]

Advertisement