Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park 2014 Concert

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Apparently Aiken Promotions are making a big announcement in Croke Park on Monday at 11.45am on 2FM regarding a concert this Summer. Rumours are it will be Garth Brooks - question is what venue/venues will it be in if it is him and if it will include a concert in Nowlan Park????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Apparently Aiken Promotions are making a big announcement in Croke Park on Monday at 11.45am on 2FM regarding a concert this Summer. Rumours are it will be Garth Brooks - question is what venue/venues will it be in if it is him and if it will include a concert in Nowlan Park????

if they are doing in in croke park I can't seem them saying nowlan park as a second gig in ireland,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sue nunn announced Garth brooks for nowlan park was all but officially confirmed. Today it seems to be not the case at all and just two dates for croke park instead. Dunno how she could get it so wrong!
    Will there be a concert at all in nowlan park this year I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

road_high wrote: »
    Sue nunn announced Garth brooks for nowlan park was all but officially confirmed. Today it seems to be not the case at all and just two dates for croke park instead. Dunno how she could get it so wrong!
    Will there be a concert at all in nowlan park this year I wonder?

The Croke park concerts are not part of his world tour, the rest of his tour has not been announced.

The Croke park concerts are not part of his world tour, the rest of his tour has not been announced.

Surely if he was gona play kilkenny and/or other venues in Ireland, they'd be announced at the same time?
    Not a fan, but are ya saying there's still hope ?!!

• Advertisement

Surely if he was gona play kilkenny and/or other venues in Ireland, they'd be announced at the same time?
    Not a fan, but are ya saying there's still hope ?!!

It was mentioned this morning at the press release/announcement that more announcements were to come and they were adamant that the two Croker gigs were special events and not part of the world tour.

He's on Ireland am tomorrow apparently, so maybe he will reveal more

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

heard something will be announced in feb about a concert.

would be cool if it was kings of leon or the killers but will probly be an older act

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

PTH2009 wrote: »

would be cool if it was kings of leon or the killers but will probly be an older act

I hope it'll be a older act, it'll attract a better likely more mature crowd

So Garth Brooks has sold out 3 dates in Croke Park?
    What of the rumours of Kilkenny? I'd imagine demand is well covered now by these 3 dates. Sue Nunn and her reliable sources.....

So Garth Brooks has sold out 3 dates in Croke Park?
    What of the rumours of Kilkenny? I'd imagine demand is well covered now by these 3 dates. Sue Nunn and her reliable sources.....

Going from the Brooks thread in Music there are an awful lot of unhappy fans that did not get tickets, international fans would have bought up some of these tickets too, so demand could be there - especially with some fans wanting to go to all three Croker gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If my Facebook feed is anything to go by he could sell out a weeks worth of concerts.
    Seems like nobody in KK got a ticket.

Fingers crossed there may still be some slim hope as Aiken has ruled out a fourth Croke Park concert - lots of disappointed fans so demand is surely there for a few more concerts around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

They are not on Aikens list so it wont be them.
    Brandon flowers ain't that nice in person anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I didn't realise there was such a latent interest in that style of country. I remember him being huge the first time but the whole thing seemed to die off quickly after he'd done those Croke Park gigs.

I was living near Croke Park at the time and while I wasn't a fan his shows certainly were rambunctiously rowdy fun.

Rumours texting in to will leahy on 2fm this evening that Aikens have booked hotels in kilkenny for week after garth brooks in croke park

Rumours texting in to will leahy on 2fm this evening that Aikens have booked hotels in kilkenny for week after garth brooks in croke park

I heard weeks ago hotel prices had gone through the roof in kk for the supposed date. Was from someone in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I heard weeks ago hotel prices had gone through the roof in kk for the supposed date. Was from someone in the industry.

What are the supposed date?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

The weekend after is the August Bank Holiday, so that's prob why the prices are up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Just checked the prices in 2 hotels for all the weekends in August. All prices are the same.

I think it may have been for the sunday night that he was referring to. Another night was announced in croker after so that rules that one out. I think kilkenny is unlikely now for brooks, but hopefully some other artist will come.

• Advertisement

it will probly be George Michael or someone disapointing like that.

would love if it was Fleetwood Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just mere speculation but Springsteen is announcing tour dates for a spring U.S tour very soon, with a rumoured summer European tour. Its just possible we could see his return!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

it will probly be George Michael or someone disapointing like that.

would love if it was Fleetwood Mac

I think he is meant to be playing in limerick

doesnt look like they will be a concert this year

doesnt look like they will be a concert this year

Why you say that?

Why you say that?

there has been no annoucement of a date in nowlan park and its getting a bit late

So. Nothing announced for next summer. Are the chances very slim now?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

With a two day concert announced for Shankill Castle in Paulstown in early July, I'd reckon so. But it would be nice to see something come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Threadhead wrote: »
    With a two day concert announced for Shankill Castle in Paulstown in early July, I'd reckon so. But it would be nice to see something come up.
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Advertisement