Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards SM league: buying from unmanaged clubs public poll

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Following on from the other thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057115871

Should managers be allowed to buy from unmanaged clubs?

Edit: I clicked make poll public, why is it not displayed who voted?

Should managers be allowed to buy from unmanaged clubs 3 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    KERSPLAT!tonic wineThe Governor 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

No they shouldn't be allowed to buy from unmannaged clubs.
    BUT if a player is available at a team and there is no rules stopping me from buy him, then he's mine!
    If I don't buy him, then someone else will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It displays who voted if you click on the blue number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

No
    Mac, can you send out a pm to everyone on SM please and remind them they need to vote again as its a public vote.

Only 9 votes in, compared to the private poll. Either people think they already voted or random people voted on the last one.

Doesn't look like it will effect the end decision either way, but gives everyone a heads up of whats happening.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

No
    Mac, can you send out a pm to everyone on SM please and remind them they need to vote again as its a public vote.

Only 9 votes in, compared to the private poll. Either people think they already voted or random people voted on the last one.

Doesn't look like it will effect the end decision either way, but gives everyone a heads up of whats happening.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    The fuq, I voted no but it's showing that I voted yes :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I voted no. Mite help attract new players if the clubs hold on to the better players.

No
    So it's 13-2 since I messed up my vote :( how long is it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

So it's 13-2 since I messed up my vote :( how long is it open?

says the poll is closed for me, guess we have our answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right so buying from unmanaged clubs off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im on my phone so cant check myself, any of the no voters bid on the bordeaux fella?

• Advertisement

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Im on my phone so cant check myself, any of the no voters bid on the bordeaux fella?

Does it matter, the rule isn't in yet. Upholding your beliefs is one thing but if he's gonna go anyway, you might as well be in bidding. I didn't if it's any consolation

I actually do think it matters, people that voted no did so out of a feeling of duty to keep the league attractive to new managers ....

More than a little hypocritical if they went lodging bids on the first decently rated player available at an unmanaged club

Either they believe it helps preserve the league or they dont ..

Ps not sure if any off them did tho

No
    We'll agree to disagree then. Until the rule comes in its a free for all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I actually do think it matters, people that voted no did so out of a feeling of duty to keep the league attractive to new managers ....

More than a little hypocritical if they went lodging bids on the first decently rated player available at an unmanaged club

Either they believe it helps preserve the league or they dont ..

Ps not sure if any off them did tho

I bid the max I could AFTER someone else had bid minimum.

I didn't want to bid for him, but the second it was clear he was moving anyway, I bid for him. In the end, Milan and Schalke both bid their max which was higher again and he ended up at Milan.

I voted no, and I stand by that vote, but id everyone else is going to bid, why the **** shouldn't I?

As the most vocal advocates of not raiding unmanaged club I would have thought that you would steer clear of making offers on players at unmanaged clubs ... but seems is ok as long as you werent the first one making an offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm in the same boat as Sennah.

There was an 89 rated striker at a club there a few days back. I've made it clear I'm looking for a striker cause I worry as things stand, I can't compete much in that area. So when I noticed one was available, I threw in a bid. Granted, as soon as someone else threw in a bid, I withdrew mine. I've always said I'll min-bid on most players from non-human teams so if "smaller" teams want them, they can have them instead.

Is the system fair where you can buy off unmanaged? No. But am I going to hurt my chances in the game so I can be a bastion of morals? Nah.

The rule does need to change, but at the same time, when the rules of the game are set up a certain way, I'm going to play by those rules. There's no point hurting your own team to play by a set of rules that don't actually exist yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I had assumed we weren't doing it, would've bought off them a few days ago :(

On the plus side I am a Bastion of Morals :D

Advertisement