Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood for warm smoking food

Options
  • 04-01-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Is there any place in Cork area that sells wood chips (birch, oak or other) good for food smoking? I need it to do some experiments with warm smoking of fish.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're much more likely to get helpful replies here in the Cork City forum.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Try cork angling and outdoors on the kinsale roundabout or murrays on patrick st. If they dont have them theyll know who does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Try asking at the heddermans fish counter in the english market maybe? They do a lot of smoking themselves, so can probably tell you where to souce the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Murray's fishing tackle have the saw dust for the smokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

PrzemoF wrote: »
    Is there any place in Cork area that sells wood chips (birch, oak or other) good for food smoking? I need it to do some experiments with warm smoking of fish.

A good few places that sell BBQs have bags of them, prob not the best time of year, but I bought oak chips in Woodies Kinsale road last summer and used them with a smoker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement