Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with emobile wifi in Oranmore

Options
  • 04-01-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Has there been any change to the emobile wifi in Oranmore? I have a hub that's worked really well for the last year and a half but over the last 6 weeks or so it's like something from the dark ages - really slow, constantly dropping and too slow to connect.

I've been back to the shop and they replaced the SIM card but no improvement.  Before i switch providers can you tell me is it a temporary problem or has there been some change in connecting to masts etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I'm assuming that the eMobile network uses Meteor infrastructure. The Meteor cells in Oranmore have been a mess for a long time now. I suspect they are oversubscribed, since I get a strong (5-bar) signal of 4G, and yet get a data rate of <1Mb/s. 2 Miles up the road in Carnmore, I get >20Mb/s.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hennybug wrote: »
    Has there been any change to the emobile wifi in Oranmore? I have a hub that's worked really well for the last year and a half but over the last 6 weeks or so it's like something from the dark ages - really slow, constantly dropping and too slow to connect.

I've been back to the shop and they replaced the SIM card but no improvement.  Before i switch providers can you tell me is it a temporary problem or has there been some change in connecting to masts etc?
    Hi Hennybug

Could you PM your broadband number and PIN and also your location I can look into this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Thanks Gerry - that's what i thought!

PM sent Grainne

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hennybug wrote: »
    Thanks Gerry - that's what i thought!

PM sent Grainne
    Thanks Hennybug,

I will get this investigated for you.

Grainne

Advertisement