Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzle Adventure Recomendations

Options
  • 04-01-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations on puzzle adventures.
    Current options open to me are PS3,Xbox 360,Wii and Xbox One.

I'm looking for games in a similar vein to Myst

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're looking on the wrong platforms unfortunately. There's plenty of games like that but they are all on the DS, 3DS and PC. Can't really think of any on those systems. Maybe the downloadable version of Pheonix Wright on the Wii or Catherine on the 360/PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not really in the same vein as Myst, but a great (and very cheap) puzzle adventure you can get for the Wii is Zack & Wiki. Should be less than a tenner and isn't rare at all. One of the best rated games on that console.

You didn't mention tablets in your OP, but if you have an Android tablet or iPad, there is a wealth of stuff you can check out. Top of the list would be The Room. The Room 2 (the sequel) is also out on iPad and out soon on Google Play.

Try looking for some of your favourite games on Games Like Finder to see recommendations. They have a page for Myst....

Deathspank on Xbox Live Arcade? It's by the same guy that did Monkey Island, though there's more of an emphasis put on slash 'em up than on puzzle solving, though there is an element of it there. Definitely has a lot of the same humour as Monkey Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Another Code: R on the Wii is kinda similar to what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Mr E wrote: »
    Not really in the same vein as Myst, but a great (and very cheap) puzzle adventure you can get for the Wii is Zack & Wiki. Should be less than a tenner and isn't rare at all. One of the best rated games on that console.

Never heard of this, will definitely look into it.
    You didn't mention tablets in your OP, but if you have an Android tablet or iPad, there is a wealth of stuff you can check out. Top of the list would be The Room. The Room 2 (the sequel) is also out on iPad and out soon on Google Play.

I do have an iPad forgot to mention it as I don't normally use it for gaming. The Room might change that :)
    Try looking for some of your favourite games on Games Like Finder to see recommendations. They have a page for Myst....

Handy site, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's plenty of those types of games on iPad... can't quite think of any other than the Room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

the abe odyssey games are some of my fav puzzle adventure games , i recommend them highly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Machinarium perhaps? Its on the PS3 and ipad.

sarumite wrote: »
    Machinarium perhaps? Its on the PS3 and ipad.

Will keep an eye out can only see it for sale on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

[font=-apple-system, system-ui, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif]Diablo is one of the most popular action-adventure game.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Noone mentioned The Witness ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Noone mentioned The Witness ?

It wasn't out when I started the thread , but you're right it's an excellent game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Played an amazing game released within last two years. Side scroller, start in a woods with no explanation. Encounter strange creatures. Think it was monochromatic or at least pretty grey. Can't remember name or other non spoiler detail. Played on pc so dobt know if it is available for listed platforms

Edit: It was Limbo and it is available on xbox live and other platforms.

Edit again: Actually it was Inside. Limbo was similar ans older by the same people and also great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thimbleweed Park, Broken Age, and I'm sure theres a broken sword game on xbox 1 as well.

A game I plaeyd at the end of last year with a fair old bit of puzzle solving in it is Darksiders. It might be a bit too action oriented though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Thimbleweed Park, Broken Age, and I'm sure theres a broken sword game on xbox 1 as well.

A game I plaeyd at the end of last year with a fair old bit of puzzle solving in it is Darksiders. It might be a bit too action oriented though.
    Darksiders is fun but the puzzles are definitely secondary to the action, and more in the vein of finding where you need to go next than figuring things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This game popped up on my STEAM today, immediately thought of Myst and was reminded of this thread.
    For OP in case he still browses here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/512790/Quern__Undying_Thoughts/

Advertisement