Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will dogs fit in Skoda Octavia saloon boot?

• 04-01-2014 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone drive a Skoda Octavia saloon?

Do your dogs have enough space to sit or stand up in the boot (without dropping the back seats)? The boot is 590L in size (with the back seats up.) I have a hatchback at the moment with 380L space.

Looking at pictures online there seems to be a section at the back of the boot that is removable that should allow my medium size dogs more space to sit upright at least.

I did check one years ago at my local dealer but couldn't decide if my dogs would be comfortable enough. If I remember correctly my dogs wouldn't have the same freedom to move around as in a hatchback or estate.

Just thought I might be lucky here if someone had first hand experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

We have one and our lab's fit perfect in them. We took out the book lid so gives more head room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Depends on the size of the dog, really. A friend of mine used to get their mastiff into the boot of a much smaller car though, so you'll probably be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

RubyGirl wrote: »
    We have one and our lab's fit perfect in them. We took out the book lid so gives more head room.

Do you have more than one dog? With the boot lid/cover taken out, can your dog(s) stand up and move around easily? Or is there only enough space for sitting or lying down?

I have 4 medium sized dogs. I suppose an estate is the best option but I was wondering if an Octavia saloon might do.

4 lab's and two would be comfortable in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Great - thanks for that info as it helps me alot. The last time I looked at a Octavia I couldn't picture how my dogs would fit. I wonder how the dealer would react if I toke my 4 dogs for a test drive? :)

• Advertisement

odckdo wrote: »
    Great - thanks for that info as it helps me alot. The last time I looked at a Octavia I couldn't picture how my dogs would fit. I wonder how the dealer would react if I toke my 4 dogs for a test drive? :)

Well if it's going to be a deal breaker for you I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

odckdo wrote: »

Ohh I would love to see the dealers face!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Superdedupity

Great car for dogs, even if the sill is a little high. Take out the luggage shelf and buy a dog guard. Perfect :)

Octavias are only available as a hatchback or estate;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

You can get the new Octavia as a saloon.

Its a nice car but like any saloon car it is not suitable for transporting dogs in the boot as you are unable to remove the parcel shelf to give height,light and air in to the boot space.

Hopefully the op meant the hatchback model which is fine for most dogs.

Advertisement