Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas central heating - pressure problem

• 04-01-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping that I'm missing something simple and someone can help....

I have a gas central heating boiler, I've been away for a few days and when I try to fire up the boiler again the pressure has fallen below 1 bar so it won't get going. This is a regular occurence every few months.

However, when I open the stopcock/tap to refill the system and bring up the pressure, nothing is happening. This happened once before, and I sorted it somehow, but I haven't the foggiest notion how.

I know NOTHING about these systems, so am afraid to go twiddling any other knobs or taps!

The problem isn't the boiler per se, there's a cut-out if the pressure falls, but for some reason the refill system isn't working.

Has anyone out there any clue why this might be?

I won't freeze to death without the heating - thankfully I have a stove and an electric blanket - but the house is Baltic with the heating having been off for a few days and I'd really like to get it warmed up again!

Cheers for any advice......

EDIT - just to add, I didn't come running here first thing! I rang BGE call centre who gave me a number for RGI Ireland, who aren't open at the weekend. BGE said get back to them for a repair callout if I couldn't sort it, but I'm assuming that'll have a hefty fee attached (I'll do it if necessary obviously) but like I say I think this must be something really simple, and anyway also like I say I don't think it's the boiler itself......

Advertisement