Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All day parking in Portlaoise

Options
  • 04-01-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, just starting a job in Portlaoise and was wondering if anyone could advise me regarding all day parking in Portlaoise town, I see there is some all day parking at a cost of €2 per day in Civic Plaza but are there any other places where I could park and maybe get a monthly rate etc? Any advice would be appreciated as Im not familiar with Portlaoise.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

MinnieM67 wrote: »
    Hi, just starting a job in Portlaoise and was wondering if anyone could advise me regarding all day parking in Portlaoise town, I see there is some all day parking at a cost of €2 per day in Civic Plaza but are there any other places where I could park and maybe get a monthly rate etc? Any advice would be appreciated as Im not familiar with Portlaoise.:)[/

Have you tried the multi storey at the heritage hotel? A friend used work nearby and paid a weekly fee that was surprisingly reasonable. I know she told me they did monthly rates as well. It might be worth a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MinnieM67

Thank you, I've sent them an enquiry there now as to their weekly/monthly rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The weekly rate is 40 euro i think

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

Pretty certain it's not €40 per week in multi storey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Storming wrote: »
    Pretty certain it's not €40 per week in multi storey.

I just seen a sign as i drove it, i thought it was 40.

• Advertisement

Just spoke to the Manager of the Q Park in Portlaoise and the weekly rate is €10 and €50 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MinnieM67 wrote: »
    Just spoke to the Manager of the Q Park in Portlaoise and the weekly rate is €10 and €50 per month.

50? Would it not be much cheaper to pay by the week then

Yeah, thought that was a bit strange, so the weekly rate it is then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I am looking for all day parking [just a one-off, probably will be a Saturday] within walking distance of The Heritage hotel. Anywhere that does it for a reasonable rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I am looking for all day parking [just a one-off, probably will be a Saturday] within walking distance of The Heritage hotel. Anywhere that does it for a reasonable rate?

Just look above at the Q Park which is right beside the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just look above at the Q Park which is right beside the hotel.

Thanks but it's a little too dear - €1.50 per hour; €13 for the day.

You can park in Naas for €2 a day, Newbridge €3 per day. Is there anywhere in Portlaoise like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Q-park church street portlaoise €10 pw or €30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Only other place i can think of is the train station but you'd need to be in there at 7am to get a parking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

is there a daily rate for parking at millview? Thats pretty close to the hotel.

Advertisement