Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Online Multiplayer Problem

Options
  • 04-01-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Got PS4 and GHOSTS xmas day , Free trial to Playstaion Plus ,Multiplayer worked perfect . Purchased Season Pass and Playstation plus annual subscription another 100 euro .And since cannot play Online Multiplayer ?For a while I was getting a blue screen on Ps4 when opening Ghosts that said report problem and some fault code .Rang PsNetwork said it was Activisions Fault Deleted and re installed and renewed licences and that has stopped but still cannot play online ,Just get check the server ?which is perfect .Router etc is perfect ? Nat 2 etc. Help please any ideas welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭0e1

Brought game back to Smyths
    Guy said he had to keep it over night to check it for me . Don't see why he couldn't have done it there and then . Don't know if it is even the cd that is the problem . Just hope I get a new 1 to knock that off the possible problems list.
    Spent €643 euro on the ps4 game controller and annual subscriptions , no interest in playing any other game as a big Call of duty fan . €643 for nothing ! Less than impressed Sony / Activision !

Got Smyths to replace Call of duty Ghosts .after a long process ... It wasnt the Cd at fault

Anyone know how to set a router for online gaming ?

What in the name of god is portforwarding ? are you serious I bought a console for instant play ,I would have bought a PC if I had a clue how to use it ! Why is this so complicated ?
    Can you hire nerds in Ireland to come sort my Tech problems ?
    Any nerds in Cork wanna get payed to get my Ps4 online again and my stupid Router PORTFORWARDED ???

eircom D1000 Modem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hey man, can you connect the console directly to the modem?

Also can you do a network connection type and tell us your NAT type? It'll probably be 3

• Advertisement

Yup my NAT type is 2 . Which is good apparently haha
    I have tried wifi connection and have a tp link connection through the electric circuit LAN connection to it now . It worked fine for the 1st few days . Can my router settings just change ?
    Thanks for reply

Have played ps3 online for years with this setup and no probs until now on ps3 and 4 . I can't now since getting ps plus annual pass ? Think it could be a playstation network account fault ?

Ye type 2 is acceptable, that shouldnt be an issue.

Ports can be forwarded on the router alright, if you havent done it before it can be messy though.

It requires setting the PS4 up with a static ip on your home network and then forwarding the ports on the router to that ip. This can be done by getting some info off the router with a pc and setting up your PS4 network connection manually.
    Also make sure if you access the router PnP is activated.(Stands for Plug and Play)

I havent had to do it yet on the PS4(wired connection and nat type 2 for me)but I always remember COD being finicky with the nat type. I had a nat type 1 on ps3 and COD still said I had a moderate nat type!!

Also have you had a check online to see if its a common problem?
    I presume you have and that led you to the nat type

In work tonight so have no access to a PS4 to have a look at the network settings section but if you dont get it sorted ill have a look tomorrow and guide you through port forwarding, really though with nat type 2 that should not be the issue

0e1 wrote: »
    Have played ps3 online for years with this setup and no probs until now on ps3 and 4 . I can't now since getting ps plus annual pass ? Think it could be a playstation network account fault ?

Try emailing Sony support and explain to them whats happening and see what they say, and also do the same with Activisions support. If its a problem that end could save you having to port forward.

I have a weird issue with hdmi HDCP on my telly with the PS4 that I didnt have on PS3, early adopters are gonna see these issues, a lot of this stuff will get sorted with firmware/game patches I reckon

Righto, this like my 2nd week try a figure it out , I know how slow am I ha !
    6 forums 3 phone calls 1 returned game and countless hours googling and try to log into multiplayer . Thanks for the help , will be on 2mw again let ya know cheers !!!

• Advertisement

No problem man, dont be too hard on yourself:)

I remember when I got the PS3 at first I could not play pro evo soccer online for about a week till I figured out port forwarding was needed!! I was nearly a broken man:)

Been on to Sony and activision turns out it is my Router for sure .
    This is what I sent Eircom :
    I need to know how to Portforward my ZyXEL D1000 Eircom router , for online gaming on the Playstation 4 .
    This information is currently unavailable online .The console is out since last year ,Are ye planning on updating the firmware for the D1000 , or making the information required to do so manualy available sometime ?
    Does any 1 on boards know ???

I need to know how to Portforward my ZyXEL D1000 Eircom router , for online gaming on the Playstation 4 .big call of duty fan and bought everything but cant play.
    This information is currently unavailable online .The console is out since last year ,Any one know how to update the firmware for the D1000 , or have the information required to do so manualy available sometime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Try the guide on here.

Doesn't have your exact model but its probably a similar process if you wanted to try.

Pick a modem then COD Ghosts PS4.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/default.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What do you get when you do a connection test?

Merged

After , I'd say 6 to 9 hours trying to connected in every fashion considerable to man . I have succeeded in changing the settings of my information less router . Sony network were quite bad at assisting , activision support is about as good as a sundial in Ireland .
    And Eircom support had nothing about their own product . So thanks for the help lads this one is a rap . If any one wants help with the same issue Do ask . Iv spent more time studyn this than my theory test junior leaving n college exams put together ! Cheers for the replys

Ha,its confusing the first time you do it alright,but im sure you'll be glad you did now while having a game of Ghosts.......maybe theres a bit of nerd in ye:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EwanDock

Any chance on some advice? I am Nat Type 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It might to be helpful to have a dedicated thread for this.
    PSN NAT etc.
    There's one over on the xbox forum and it's a godsend as thread is kept strictly for NAT issues.

I'm swapping my XB1 today for a PS4 so will look into doing up a guide for it.
    It's a lot easier than you think as once you know manually assign an IP to your PS4 and have set up port forwarding on your router it sets your NAT to open.
    I've the horizon box myself but also a TPLInk and Cisco routers bridged.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

@Blazer, do you know how to configure the horizon box port-forwarding for PS4? NAT 2 isn't good enough it seems for some games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

i had this problem before on ps3, contacted eircom and they talked me through it on the phone,

got to be worth a try?

Advertisement