Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumber seeking work experience with an experienced RGI.

• 04-01-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi lads. So is there anybody out there that would be interested in helping me out?

I'm a fully Qualifed plumber with craft certificate, I also have the GID certificate. I haven't worked full time as a plumber in 3 years due to family reasons. In that time I've been doing part-time education (I can give details through PM) I have also been doing the odd job here and there.

Prior to that I was plumbing for 7 years! I'm a very competent plumber with my own tools and transport (currently only a car!).

The problem I have, is that I don't have enough experience when it comes to gas. And in particular boilers. I would like to learn some things from an experienced plumber who works as a heating engineer. I'm based in North Dublin and I'm currently doing a full-time course in college (which is plumbing related) to further my education and employment prospects. I'm free all afternoons from 3pm apart from Monday and I'm free every evening and a full day Thursday and Saturday.

So is any of you willing to help me out? Mainly with boiler work experience. Things like fault finding and multimeter work. I would love to learn how the process of flushing a heating system works also.

I am a genuine and honest person, and I will provide you with any further information you may require.

I would really appreciate if you experienced RGI's could understand where I'm coming from and I would be very thankful with any help.

Please PM for any personnel questions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

Bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

trobbin wrote: »
    Bump.

Maybe look up a few Rgi in Dublin and try ringing them directly

Advertisement