Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Spurs 5:15 UTV FA Cup 3rd Round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

thank god this game is nearly over i dont think i could take clive tyldesley's commentary much longer , especially the rubbish he had to say about walcot's 2-0 sign to the spurs fans, he relay is a rubbish comentator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What do Spurs do all week in training? Play hide n seek or what? Been 4 months now so surely they should look something like a team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Been really impressed by Sagna everytime I've watched Arsenal this year. Hard to think of a better right back in the league, really determined in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Great win for Arsenal.

Wouldn't worry about it if I were a Spurs fan. They're on the right track in the league.

We're just on the right track in the league and cup now :)

nuxxx wrote: »
    Been really impressed by Sagna everytime I've watched Arsenal this year. Hard to think of a better right back in the league, really determined in the air

Really hope he extends his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You're man could have broken monreals hand there if he connected and nothing done .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So underrated.

That lad scored again for Everton today, Coleman. Winner lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Absolute piece of piss, that Spurs team are rancid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Decent win for Arsenal. Spurs disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

You're man could have broken monreals hand there if he connected and nothing done .....

I wouldn't say nothing flamini will be waiting for him in the parking lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Great win for Arsenal.

Wouldn't worry about it if I were a Spurs fan. They're on the right track in the league.

We're just on the right track in the league and cup now :)

agree with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shud have seen red for stamping on the grass. Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As straightforward a game as we have had this season. Good win and performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So Spurs basically torched all the Bale money?

That about cover it?

Hugely disappointing from them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Other than Dembele, a pretty gutless performance from Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

game finally over i was expecting that scoreline considering all our injuries and another bad day at the office for our full backs and strikers..:o

well done arsenal deserved the win hope ya get city away in the draw next round:P

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Absolute piece of piss, that Spurs team are rancid.

Once Bale skipped town they've reverted to type A. Dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

So many positives.

That was the most comfortable NLD I can remember. Could easily have been 4.

Hope Walcott is ok. Absolutely hate Kyle Walker too, whiny toerag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Liamalone wrote: »
    That lad scored again for Everton today, Coleman. Winner lol

Coleman doesn't play RB and hasn't for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I will say how have this spurs team won so many games lately especially at Old trafford were we couldn't they were terrible

davycc wrote: »
    game finally over i was expecting that scoreline considering all our injuries and another bad day at the office for our full backs and strikers..:o

well done arsenal deserved the win hope ya get city away in the draw next round:P

Excuses followed by congrats....... Meeeh

We where missing plenty too ;)

It his best position though, has he not being playing there for Evertom, I thought he had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Good result against a mid table team. Nothing to get over excited about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Coleman & Zabaleta say hello! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i did think spurs were catching us in the summer - but they've gone backwards if anything.
    7 players in is just too many.

Soups123 wrote: »
    It his best position though, has he not being playing there for Evertom, I thought he had

Everton under Martinez don't play FB's himself and Baines have been playing more or less in midfield.

lol have you just started watching the premier league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Roy Keane is cracking me up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dempsey wrote: »
    Coleman & Zabaleta say hello! ;)

Oh the hurt :D:D

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i did think spurs were catching us in the summer - but they've gone backwards if anything.
    7 players in is just too many.

In fairness Bale was a huge loss, he was producing WC performances. He added about 15-20 points to them last year they are struggling to plug the gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

wtf is Walcott doing there?

he'll be reprimanded for that, stupid.

It's ridiculous that he will be though.

If he's inciting, then you'll have to ban the scoreboards too.

Everton under Martinez don't play FB's himself and Baines have been playing more or less in midfield.

Are they playing a back 3? It thought it was a back 4 and him and Baines are two of that ?

lmao so Everton are playing 2 at the back? So ground breaking it's actually unheard of :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Soups123 wrote: »
    Are they playing a back 3? It thought it was a back 4 and him and Baines are two of that ?

Coleman, Distin, Jagielka and Baines is the Everton back four.

Liamalone wrote: »
    lol have you just started watching the premier league?

Obviously you don't watch it at all if you think Coleman has been playing as a FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Spurs fans so ashamed theyd rather talk about Evertons formation than todays game.

Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Peace sign?

V for Victory my man!

Obviously you don't watch it at all if you think Coleman has been playing as a FB

Errrm, ok. I refer you to Utopia Parkway's post just above there, he knows the craic.

So they play with 2 defenders only? Think about it Premier, he is a RB with license to attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was Theo intimating that he'd be out for 2 games? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't think you understand the concept of an attacking fullback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Coleman, Distin, Jagielka and Baines is the Everton back four.

And it morphs regularly into a 3-4-3 with Barry dropping in between the 2 CB's. Baines & Coleman push up regularly. You often see James McCarthy dropping into RB to prevent Coleman having to track back.

Still, I'd class him as an attacking full back, like Sagna & Zabaleta, given the job he does do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well Spurs were positively sh*t tonight. Roy Keane got it spot on.

Arsenal didnt even field a full strength team and they out played Spurs all over the pitch.

Adebayor back to his usual self though Soldado did have a decent moment or two.

New strikers needed at WHL.

Dempsey wrote: »
    And it morphs regularly into a 3-4-3 with Barry dropping in between the 2 CB's Baines & Coleman pushed up. You often see James McCarthy dropping into RB to prevent Coleman having to track back.

Still, I'd class him as an attacking full back, like Sagna & Zabaleta, given the job he does do.

Agreed he is an attacking full back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Quazzie wrote: »
    Spurs fans so ashamed theyd rather talk about Evertons formation than todays game.

Love it.

Pretty sure premierstone is an Arsenal fan?

Anyway, disappointing loss. League is all important though, and we're only 2 points off 4th despite all our problems.

He is a wing back with very little to zero defensive duties, apologies if that concept is a little difficult for some to grasp, maybe its all the 'craic' :rolleyes:

Anyway, Sagna has definitely improved imo this season, not too fond of the hair though, it's getting longer.

He is a wing back with very little to zero defensive duties, apologies if that concept is a little difficult for some to grasp, maybe its all the 'craic' :rolleyes:

Your just wrong mate he is a RB and when they are defending he is expected to be there, when they attack he is encouraged to push on. I've seen a lot of Everton this season sharing the house with an Everton man and he has been exceptional going forward and back his pace and energy really suits him to how Martinez plays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Everton, Seamus Coleman and Sagna's hair?

Right so Soccer Forum :rolleyes:

What we really should be talking about is an excellent Arsenal win.

Advertisement