Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Spurs 5:15 UTV FA Cup 3rd Round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Quazzie wrote: »
    Spurs fans so ashamed theyd rather talk about Evertons formation than todays game.

Love it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056822341&page=16

we have our own little forum ;)

as for the everton talk It looks like mainly gunners to me lad..

it was a cr@p showing from us today.no passion and nobody stood our really bar dembele

also..soldado and eriksen should have scored with the chances they got.
    we only lost two 2 indidudual errors by our overhyped english international fullbacks..

we are better off out of it with the chronic injuries we have a full team out almost. concentrate on the PL and hopefully he plays the kids in the EL knock out stages in Feb:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

the spurs fans have mostly retreated to their own forum.

from which i am sadly banned :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

cson wrote: »
    Everton, Seamus Coleman and Sagna's hair?

Right so Soccer Forum :rolleyes:

What we really should be talking about is an excellent Arsenal win.

Sagna's hair was part of a very good Arsenal win :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

THFC wrote: »
    Pretty sure premierstone is an Arsenal fan?

Guilty :D

We had Paulinho, Defoe, Holtby, Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Naughton, Lamele ,Townsend all injured, that's practically a whole first 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Jaysus of course Coleman is a full back. Zabaleta is the best though. Sagna was the best a couple of seasons ago, wasn't great again last season but is amongst the best full backs this year. Probably second best right back. Coleman hopefully will be the best.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    the spurs fans have mostly retreated to their own forum.

from which i am sadly banned :(

now way what happened?:confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

davycc wrote: »
    We had Paulinho, Defoe, Holtby, Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Naughton, Lamele ,Townsend all injured, that's practically a whole first 11.

Seems like ye're starting 11 didnt turn up either :pac:

naughton and lamela are not to be relied upon as first teamers surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No way Defoe, holtby, Lamele are first 11 and of the other 6 some there are debatable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

it was a cr@p showing from us today.no passion and nobody stood our really bar dembele

we only lost two 2 indidudual errors by our overhyped english international fullbacks..

we are better off out of it with the chronic injuries we have a full team out almost. concentrate on the PL and hopefully he plays the kids in the EL knock out stages in Feb:)

I could be nice and dress up my reply but frankly you're deluded if you think you only lost because of two individual errors.

As for the injuries excuse, its just that; an excuse. You should be big enough to recognize you were beaten all ends up by the better team today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I don't think 2 individual errors cost us the game, we were well beaten, simple as. You said yourself that it was a crap showing and it was.

Sandro, Paulinho and Jan would have made a huge difference though, the rest I'm not so sure about.

Seems like ye're starting 11 didnt turn up either :pac:

they all played like a team of Adebayours and not in a good way:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like seeeing injuries used as an excuse but if thats the case werent arsenal down to the bones when they won the league game?

I could be nice and dress up my reply but frankly you're deluded if you think you only lost because of two individual errors.

As for the injuries excuse, its just that; an excuse. You should be big enough to recognize you were beaten all ends up by the better team today.

well thats what happened and I could tell we were due a sloppy day in defense again particually rose and walker... arsenal deserved it obviously as I have already mentioned in posts above...spurs never showed up.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Do something like that in front of a crowd and you will provoke a reaction . Didn't arsenal fans throw coins and the like at Adebayor a few years ago ?

No if you do something like in front of crowd it would usually raise a smile.

If you do it in front of people that are not fit to integrate into society, then you'll get a reaction.

I hope spurs ban those people that threw things or tried to get onto the pitch. And social services called if they have access to children.

Soups123 wrote: »
    No way Defoe, holtby, Lamele are first 11 and of the other 6 some there are debatable

well id play defoe with ade ahead of soldado on penaldos current sh1te form.
    .Lamela should be starting ahead of Chadli and lennon.
    Townsend ahead of Lennon.and siggy
    Id have Paulinho ahead of Eriksen.
    Sandro is a huge loss covers so much of the pitch he is our own yaya toure:).
    Vertongen and Kaboul ahead of light years ahead Daws and Chirches
    Naughton is no loss hope he leaves this transfer window.

we had a brilliant DM in Capoue available today but he starts fecking Bentalab who was anoynomous and I know Sherwood is only a new manager but that is a blatant weakness in the side away at the Emeriates especially where we were overrun in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That's what the magic of the cup is all about. Spurs players get a chance to go to a big stadium, play against great players and have a day out. They didn't disgrace themselves.

now way what happened?:confused::)

I might have gloated a little bit on the last day of last season :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I don't understand why there's a Spurs forum but no other individual teams get their own forum. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No if you do something like in front of crowd it would usually raise a smile.

If you do it in front of people that are not fit to integrate into society, then you'll get a reaction.

I hope spurs ban those people that threw things or tried to get onto the pitch. And social services called if they have access to children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287437/Gareth-Bale-banana-thrown-Tottenham-v-Arsenal.html

Then there's the Adebayor incident when he played for man city . He also had a few bananas thrown at him .

So all football clubs have fools who follow them . No club can say they have fans that are angels .
    Did arsenal ban all those fans involved in those two incidents ?

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I might have gloated a little bit on the last day of last season :-)

You fubbin baxtard:D

sure I would have done the same myself had we not bottled it (yet again;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think Spurs are a team going absolutely nowhere. I can see them struggling to finish inside the top seven and the majority of their big summer signings wanting out.

I don't understand why there's a Spurs forum but no other individual teams get their own forum. Makes no sense.

afik it came about from a proposed new forums in the olden days and the rules were tightened up for other teams since so no other teams can propose their own forums nowadays..was well before my time on here though i may be a bid wide of the mark with my explanation:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

newbie2 wrote: »

That is funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Soups123 wrote: »
    In fairness Bale was a huge loss, he was producing WC performances. He added about 15-20 points to them last year they are struggling to plug the gap

Funnily enough we have a point more this season after 20 games I think, hard to believe as the team has not gelled. Better team won today and Spurs did not show up, dissappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Funnily enough we have a point more this season after 20 games I think, hard to believe as the team has not gelled. Better team won today and Spurs did not show up, dissappointing.

That's true but it's not the same Spurs team minus Bale.

It's Spurs + 100m investment - Bale.

I will say how have this spurs team won so many games lately especially at Old trafford were we couldn't they were terrible

They were just **** today and Gooners were the better team, simple as that. Spurs have played well the last few games before today.

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287437/Gareth-Bale-banana-thrown-Tottenham-v-Arsenal.html

Then there's the Adebayor incident when he played for man city . He also had a few bananas thrown at him .

So all football clubs have fools who follow them . No club can say they have fans that are angels .
    Did arsenal ban all those fans involved in those two incidents ?

WTF??????????

People that throw stuff at people on a football pitch are mentally unhinged and are not fit for society. If Theo Walcott holding up his fingers to mock the score of the game leads people to fly off the handle, then they need serious help and are not fit for society.

The same with other such incidents which you have strangely brought up for some unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

KingdomYid wrote: »
    They were just **** today and Gooners were the better team, simple as that. Spurs have played well the last few games before today.

I was very surprised Sherwood went 4-4-2. Liverpool had 2 in the middle against us and we overran them. Thought he might have thrown the extra body in the middle and had Eriksen and Lennon play off Adebayor.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I was very surprised Sherwood went 4-4-2. Liverpool had 2 in the middle against us and we overran them. Thought he might have thrown the extra body in the middle and had Eriksen and Lennon play off Adebayor.

I agree, it was asking for trouble going 4-4-2 at the Emirates. But that aside there was no fight or passion either which is a real disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sherwood very in-ept IMO. Alright going to Old Trafford & having a go playing with 2 up-front. Different story though when you go to the Emirates such is the class of Arsenal's midfield. If you go man to man in midfield against Arsenal you could still lose but to go with 2 strikers (and 1 of them Adebayor) and play with a body short in midfield is scandalous. Out-dated tactics, ominous sign for the head-coach

WTF??????????

People that throw stuff at people on a football pitch are mentally unhinged and are not fit for society. If Theo Walcott holding up his fingers to mock the score of the game leads people to fly off the handle, then they need serious help and are not fit for society.

The same with other such incidents which you have strangely brought up for some unknown reason.

Well I brought up the other 2 incidents to show all clubs have bellends who follow them .
    Well in fairness the whole incident from Walcott to the fans was stupid . They shouldn't have acted that way and he shouldn't have done his gesture . So I would say ban the fans and also somebody should have a word with Walcott too . All players get taunted at some stage and the best way forward is for them to mostly to ignore it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

In fairness pegging a banana at Bale was a bit of comic genius.

• Advertisement

Well I brought up the other 2 incidents to show all clubs have bellends who follow them .
    Well in fairness the whole incident from Walcott to the fans was stupid . They shouldn't have acted that way and he shouldn't have done his gesture . So I would say ban the fans and also somebody should have a word with Walcott too . All players get taunted at some stage and the best way forward is for them to mostly to ignore it .

Nobody needs to have a word with Walcott. He did nothing wrong.

In fairness pegging a banana at Bale was a bit of comic genius.

I get the funny side of it but if you can laugh at it then you can't get outraged when something else is thrown onto the pitch .

Nobody needs to have a word with Walcott. He did nothing wrong.

So he gives stick to 5000 people and provokes a reaction out of a few bellends . I can appreciate banter but some people can't . So yeah both him and spurs fans acted abit foolish today .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

So he gives stick to 5000 people and provokes a reaction out of a few bellends . I can appreciate banter but some people can't . So yeah both him and spurs fans acted abit foolish today .

It really isn't an issue and I have no idea why you are spending so many posts talking about it especially when you can "appreciate banter"

ronjo wrote: »
    It really isn't an issue and I have no idea why you are spending so many posts talking about it especially when you can "appreciate banter"

I gave my thoughts on the incidents a couple of pages back . Yet one poster decides to quote me so why shouldn't I defend what I say ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Walcott done nothing wrong imo.

I get the funny side of it but if you can laugh at it then you can't get outraged when something else is thrown onto the pitch .

I disagree, as much as I loved Bale, I thought that was quite funny also. The banana was thrown not to cause harm, but for a laugh. The Spurs fans that threw objects in Walcott's direction obviously meant to cause harm, and although I laughed at the banana-throwing incident, I can feel perfectly okay in getting outraged when people throw objects to cause harm.

Anyway, Walcott has to shoulder the blame for that. No, there should absolutely not be anyone throwing objects onto the pitch, and I wouldn't condone it in anyway, but thinking that they won't is optimistic to the point of foolish. Anyone with a brain should realise that Walcott put himself at risk doing what he did, which is why nothing will come of it.

And yes, I can see the funny side of what Walcott did also, if roles were reversed and it was Lennon doing it I would've been delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Walcott gets stretchered off the pitch while taking dogs abuse and reminds Spurs fans of the score - more than fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The true calamity of this situation for Spurs is that if they wanted an decent enough English manger playing a fairly outdated 4-4-2, they never should have gotten rid of Redknapp.

gosplan wrote: »
    The true calamity of this situation for Spurs is that if they wanted an decent enough English manger playing a fairly outdated 4-4-2, they never should have gotten rid of Redknapp.

Ya, somehow I have my doubts that was the plan.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Are you seriously saying that throwing piece of fruit is the same as throwing a piece of metal that could take someone's eye out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Course you can, the throwing of the coins isn't offensive because of some gesture, it is the risk of seriously f*cking hurting someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

THFC wrote: »
    Ya, somehow I have my doubts that was the plan.....

Obviously not. My point though is that Levy's been quick to pull the trigger on the last two managers.

I don't get the AVB sacking at all. Can't see how Spurs are going to gain this season from it or why it had to happen.

gosplan wrote: »
    Obviously not. My point though is that Levy's been quick to pull the trigger on the last two managers.

I don't get the AVB sacking at all. Can't see how Spurs are going to gain this season from it or why it had to happen.

That's pretty much the consensus from the majority of Spurs fans, most were deeply unhappy with the sacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

That is nine players, some of whom are rubbish.

Sczeszny, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Podolski, Ramsey, Bendtner, Park and Ryo are 11 who played no part in this game.

Would take that 11 to beat your nine even though there are no centre-backs :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement