Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council bin collection

Options
  • 04-01-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Are the council still doing bin collections, or have a new private company come in to replace them? If so are they changing the times/days/bins of collections.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Both council and private companies are doing this service, times unchanged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

WikiHow wrote: »
    Both council and private companies are doing this service, times unchanged.

Council service went out to tender and they are no longer doing it in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The pickup times over Christmas and New Years weren't upheld, in Knockers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    The pickup times over Christmas and New Years weren't upheld, in Knockers anyway.

Based on normal, or the amended schedule that they published: http://www.galwaycity.ie/GeneralNews/161213_01.pdf

NB It looks like the council are still doing this themselves ATM, but the are in the process of outsourcing. Pretty sure I heard that Barna Waste won the contract, but no linkies ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I was worried about that, but they did collect in Shantalla.

Bad form not to collect over Christmas, as we tend to have a bit more waste at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

NB It looks like the council are still doing this themselves ATM, but the are in the process of outsourcing. Pretty sure I heard that Barna Waste won the contract, but no linkies ....

Got a letter a few weeks ago saying that Barna Recycling was awarded the contract... and that we'll be getting both our last invoice from City Council AND our first from Barna in January... thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Barna Recycling have taken over the Council bin collection. Prices & collection days remain the same as per the contract until the end of 2015. There were alternative days for collection over Christmas for those due for collection on Christmas Day & New Years day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Barna Recycling have taken over the Council bin collection. Prices & collection days remain the same as per the contract until the end of 2015. There were alternative days for collection over Christmas for those due for collection on Christmas Day & New Years day

prices have changed.....you will not be charged more than 220 (i think) this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

They changed the pick-ups for some days - like moving from a Thurs to a Sat. The last pick-up before Christmas there was a leaflet left under the lid of the bin stating the changed dates. Hardly the most effective communication technique considering the wind was howling and the rain lashing. Not even sure how it was still there when I went to bring the bins in - had to dry it out before I could read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

prices have changed.....you will not be charged more than 220 (i think) this year.

The prices haven't changed from 2013-2014, the cap of €229 was introduced for 2013 and will be retained for 2014.

For more information see

Bin Charges

Household Waste Collection Information

Review of Galway City Council Refuse Collection Service and Manager's Report

• Advertisement
Advertisement