Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double crust pie in a ceramic dish?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 6:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27

I want to make these pies however I do not have muffin trays or indeed metal pie dishes. Instead I have a couple of oven-safe ceramic dishes 7" in diametre and 2" deep. I've read that you need a metal dish to make a double-crust pie or it won't cook, is this true and will I have to go for a cobbler type pie with just a lid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Why wouldn't it work? I've made a double crust apple pie in an oven proof glass pie dish for years without any problems. Just be sure there is no narrowing at the top of the ceramic dishes or you'll never get the pies out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I always use either glass or ceramic and never have a problem.

Advertisement