Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebay aquarium heaters?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

hi guys :)

thinking of ordering an aquarium heater(maybe 2 as backup of ebay)

is there agood chance they'd arrive DOA n the post or do they generqally get here working(from china)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

hi guys :)

thinking of ordering an aquarium heater(maybe 2 as backup of ebay)

is there agood chance they'd arrive DOA n the post or do they generqally get here working(from china)?

Heaters are not expensive, I got a 300 Watt from 28 euro and it is still going strong 1.5 years later. You can get a 200 Watt for about 25 euro.

Why risk buying from China unless you are getting them for under 10 euro. What size heater are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

i bought two 300w heaters ( one as spare and less carriage) off a place in china through ebay. the first one is still working away for nearly two years and i remember at the time they were a lot cheaper than the local shop. Plus the local shop only did up to 200watt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

thanks i ended up ordering one from the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

i ordered an in-line heater off a shop on eBay paid a good bit for it as well (as far as in-line heaters go) it failed on me while i was away over the Christmas and i lost a good lot of fish, seller has not responded to my emails going on over a week now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Got one in Argos three years ago....its still working fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement