Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet banking recommendations

Options
  • 04-01-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have recently started a small business and I'm looking for a suitable business bank account.

Nearly all of my transactions are done online (mainly receiving payments and paying bills) so the quality of the internet banking software is basically the most important factor to me (as they all seem to do the same 2-year fee-free offer) and I'm looking at the usual suspects (AIB, BOI, Permanent TSB).

I opened an account with Ulster Bank just before xmas but I've been less than impressed with their customer service (the card still hasn't arrived, over 6 weeks after opening it) and the internet banking software makes my eyes bleed.

So, my question is: which business bank account do you have and how do you find a) the quality of service and b) the internet banking?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

AIB Business is good online, customer service is quick and will walk you through everything, the online functions cover everything I've ever needed. Using it 5+ years, I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭benjydagg

mrbubbles wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have recently started a small business and I'm looking for a suitable business bank account.

Nearly all of my transactions are done online (mainly receiving payments and paying bills) so the quality of the internet banking software is basically the most important factor to me (as they all seem to do the same 2-year fee-free offer) and I'm looking at the usual suspects (AIB, BOI, Permanent TSB).

I opened an account with Ulster Bank just before xmas but I've been less than impressed with their customer service (the card still hasn't arrived, over 6 weeks after opening it) and the internet banking software makes my eyes bleed.

So, my question is: which business bank account do you have and how do you find a) the quality of service and b) the internet banking?

Many thanks.
    I've had to move from Accbank to Bank of Ireland. I'm not convinced about them yet. I moved as BoI are interested in lending and Accbank gave up internet banking in December. The internet banking is good, the quick lodge facilities are good. The app on the phone is good. But, I have to yet be convinced that they are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

Thanks guys, I think I'll give AIB a go.

benjydagg wrote: »
    I've had to move from Accbank to Bank of Ireland. I'm not convinced about them yet. I moved as BoI are interested in lending and Accbank gave up internet banking in December. The internet banking is good, the quick lodge facilities are good. The app on the phone is good. But, I have to yet be convinced that they are the best.

The easy switchover didn't work. Bank of Ireland blaming Acc, and Acc blame Christmas. Upshot is the mortgage was missed with all the life covers and pension payments. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Hi guys,

I opened an account with Ulster Bank just before xmas but I've been less than impressed with their customer service (the card still hasn't arrived, over 6 weeks after opening it) and the internet banking software makes my eyes bleed.8

I was using ulsterbank bankline for business and it was doin my head in, then I realised I could link my business and personal account in anytime banking an also have access to both in the app .I can transferr between accounts and pay bills and make payments, easy as pie!

• Advertisement

I'm going to ditch Ulster as soon as my AIB account is confirmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I don't bother using a "business" account for my small company. Saves lots of money and hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Avoid bank of ireland's business online, absolutely horrendous software. Doesn't work half the time, really bad.

Mickk wrote: »
    Avoid bank of ireland's business online, absolutely horrendous software. Doesn't work half the time, really bad.

I'm using the 365 app, and it is very good. But as I said earlier, the switchover fecked up over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

365 is for personal banking. The business thing is different and a lot worse...

Yes that's right, you get charged a fortune for something that is worse than what personal accounts get.

• Advertisement

So I'm with AIB now and it's still junk. It's taken me about half an hour to make a payment. Adding beneficiaries, authorizing beneficiaries, updating limits, adding payment, authorising payment, then it's still FAILED apparently (though I'm seeing the money has gone from my account).

Is it really too much to ask that they just simplify the whole thing and make it work as it should :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

So I'm with AIB now and it's still junk. It's taken me about half an hour to make a payment. Adding beneficiaries, authorizing beneficiaries, updating limits, adding payment, authorising payment, then it's still FAILED apparently (though I'm seeing the money has gone from my account).

Is it really too much to ask that they just simplify the whole thing and make it work as it should :'(

You should get onto their internet section, I've found them to be very helpful. I've had an online business account with them for the last 8 years and it's been very easy to use.

As it happens, I'm planning to move to BOI some time this year because their business credit card give a complimentary Aer Lingus Gold Circle card (which AIB used to have when I first joined), rather than the AA membership with AIB.

Advertisement