Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

110kg Squat(Belt) Easier Than 80kg(No Belt)

• 04-01-2014 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Its all in the title...

My 80kg squats without a belt were harder than my belted 110kg Squat same depth on both. Now I've not been training in a few weeks properly but did some squats unbelted yesterday and found it quiet challenging, does wearing a belt make such a difference...

I think unbelted squats have the core working harder thus making them a bet more of a workout*

*Open to correction, may be bro science

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

No belt and add 2.5 kg every new day you squat
    Soon be up to 110 kg unbelted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The belt makes a difference if you use it properly.

But the more you lift without it, the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'd only believe this with video evidence.

Possible explanations;
    -you didn't go as deep (people have a profound ability to lie to themselves)
    -you perceived it to be harder/easier despite bar speed
    -your core is made of wet spaghetti. REALLY wet spaghetti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tigger wrote: »
    No belt and add 2.5 kg every new day you squat
    Soon be up to 110 kg unbelted
    That's not what he was asking.

As above, videos would add a lot to discussion.
    Used properly a belt should added weight but 30kg on 80kg raw sounds a bit much. Is this based on a single set at 80kg, could it be as simple as making a bags of that one set?

Advertisement