Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 water damage

• 04-01-2014 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all. Just looking for a bit of advice. I have an iphone that was dropped in the sink just over a week ago. (Yeah yeah I know!!) Left it in with bags of silica gel to dry it out etc but there is no life at all. Had a guy who's good with all this stuff open it up and he says it's badly corroded inside and only fit for the bin. Question is: is it worth bringing in to one of these repair places to attempt to replace the parts or has it really had it?? Or is that level of damage just not repairable? It's just a lot of these places seem to be in dublin and I'm a long way from there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Sorry to hear about your phone OP. You're phone maybe only fit for the bin but what i would recommend before chucking it away is to book it in for a repair with apple. what will happen is they will email you with a price to repair it. The OOW fee is 260 quid, which means more than likely the device gets replaced (and also a lot cheaper than buying a new phone)

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Follow the link above and put in the serial number, it should then give you the option to create a mail in repair.

Worst case scenario is they say it cannot be fixed as its already been opened but its definately worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

My son left his MP3 player in the pocket of his track suit before he put it in the washing machine. When it came out it was completely sodden and dead with water running out of it. I packed it in a bag of rice,wrapped it in a towel and left it in the hot press for about two weeks, when we took it out and switched it on it worked perfectly and it's still working over a year later.
    Unless you're in a hurry to replace it it might be worth a go....?

Advertisement