Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeding dogs

• 04-01-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My dog has been acting a little strange, wandering further than usual and seems lonely,...he was never neutered we reckon he may need, ahem, a girlfriend...does anyone know if you can bring dogs anywhere, ie is there a list of breeders that may want to use him for breeding so he could fulfil his needs?! He is a purebred Jack Russell 2 and a half years old. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

lml82 wrote: »
    My dog has been acting a little strange, wandering further than usual and seems lonely,...he was never neutered we reckon he may need, ahem, a girlfriend...does anyone know if you can bring dogs anywhere, ie is there a list of breeders that may want to use him for breeding so he could fulfil his needs?! He is a purebred Jack Russell 2 and a half years old. Thanks!

he has a far better sense of smell than me and you maybe a bitch in heat in your area might explain the desire to ramble

after all he is now in his prime 2 and half dog years = 18 human years boys and their toys :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

lml82 wrote: »

Have a look on all the pound, rescues and shelter pages online. They are full of jacks and jack crosses. Along with big black mongrels they tend to make up the bulk of strays and surrenders. Why would you want to add to the problem? Nobody other than puppy farmers and back yard breeders would breed a dog that doesn't have any credentials. By credentials I mean showing and/or working/agility champion certificates. Has he got those?

As for 'fulfilling his needs', you're projecting your own human emotions onto the dog. A dog needs food, exercise and shelter, he does not need to get his end away. He can probably sense a bitch in heat and is frustrated because of it. If you can keep him contained and the local bitch will go out of heat within 3 weeks, but if he's roaming, breaking out and/or humping other dogs or worse still, humans etc, then the kinder thing to do is get him neutered. He'll be happier and bitches in heat won't drive him demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^ +1

I can't reiterate enough the importance of the advice mentioned above and I can't add anymore to it.

OP, as per our forum Charter we do not allow discussion of "animal studs". For your own peace of mind and your dogs health and sanity, please get him neutered. It is a relatively inexpensive, quick and easy procedure and will save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

Thread closed as no advice will be given on studding your dog out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement