Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owners Of Dogs in Youghal!!

Options
  • 04-01-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Here is My Gripe. Every day I walk my dog down youghal beach (Yes I bring a poop bag)- with my cocker spaniel dog. My Issue Is Owners of Other dogs leaving their dogs off the leads to roam around as the please. Today alone 4 dogs came up from behind on my dog (Who Is always On his Lead) Trying to sniff him and start fights. I don't so much blame the dogs,Its the owners who are the problem.

I myself would have as much Issue If they at least made an effort to put a Lead on them when they see my dog and I,But they just do Not care. I wonder what would happen If my dog bit their dog. Who would be at fault here?

Last week I decided I would change tact and walk up the road with him. Big Mistake-A Jack Russell was and Inch from being Mangled by a van,after running off from his owner to approach my dog, and and old Labrador Walked out on the road to do the same a few hundred yards up the road,no owner in sight but he did have a collar. The final Nail In me going up the road was when two black skinny lurchers ran at me and my dog teeth showing,only I had a stick and whacked the ground did It frighten them off.

I really love Youghal Since moving here,but I honestly cannot go out for a peaceful walk without Drama.Anyone have any recommendations. Thanks?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

talk to the owners directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Doesn't sound nice...some people just don't think..I don't mind either if a dog is very well behaved off the lead if they are left off but like that if they go for other dogs then I think it is well within your rights (if it is your dog) for you to react with scare tactics. I would not say hitting a dog is the way to go but then again if their owners where that concerned about them they would not have them off the lead in places like this.

We have a lurcher ourselves and she does go barking at certain dogs and looks nasty but she would never bite, mostly tis just noise but then we keep her on the lead where other dogs are going to be. Once she was off and she ran up to someone and then raised their leg to them, first off I was fuming but then thought sure they don't know her from Adam it was my fault for having her off the lead not the person or the dogs..

You could try to say it to the owners but I can imagine that some may not be too nice about it mind you they also could. Try that first and then after perhaps contact a local councillor and see if they could be of any help. Could print some flyers too pop them up around the areas just as advice just remember to take them down after

Advertisement