Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet wont connect to HUAWEI Mobile WiFi E5220

• 04-01-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope I am posting this in the correct place, if not, would one of the mods please move it, thanks. My problem is, I have a tablet computer an ASUS, great little machine but I want to set up a wifi hotspot so I can use my tablet in other rooms. I bought a HUAWEI E5220 yesterday, it's on the Meteor network, got it set up ok, but when I try to connect the tablet it says, Authentication Problem and won't let me connect. I changed the password from the easy to crack one provided, typed the new one in but still bringing up this Authentication Problem message. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Chances are the Tablet is seeing the SSID and applying the old saved key for your mobile hotspot. You need to go into network settings and remove the hotspot entry, then try connecting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭dzer2

You will need to remove any existing wifi settings and set it up again. Had the same problem with ours a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Thanks both of you, will try those suggestions and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Now using my tablet and Huawei, thanks again.

Advertisement