Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any libraries(non council) or book shops around the area?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Could any recommend any book shops or libraries around the Dublin area that have a vast array of books of various of genres? I have a few books I would like to read but the Dublin City Council libraries don't offer them ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You need to be more specific about what you're looking for. There are four council areas in Dublin (City, Fingal, South Dublin & Dun Laoghaire Rathdown) and they all provide library services.

Bricks and mortar bookshops are a declining species but you need to give us a better idea of the genres you are referring to in order to get a more relative reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm the city area. I'm looking for "Exit Kingdom" but by the looks of it the Dublin City libraries don't offer it. I didn't know different areas had their own libraries as well :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Chapters on Parnell Street is massive and will order you in books, Hodgis Figgis on Dawson Street is also a large bookshop and also will order books for you

Chapters on Parnell Street is massive and will order you in books, Hodgis Figgis on Dawson Street is also a large bookshop and also will order books for you

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a fee and how much would that be? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a fee and how much would that be? :D

There's no fee but they ask for a deposit of a percentage of the cost of the book, off the top of my head I can't remember what percentage that is.

Eason's online shop has the book you are after
    I'm the city area. I'm looking for "Exit Kingdom" but by the looks of it the Dublin City libraries don't offer it. I didn't know different areas had their own libraries as well :o.

http://www.easons.com/p-1186784-exit-kingdom.aspx#sthash.7Bo7lZs9.dpbs

They might have it in stock on O'Connoll Street too

• Advertisement

There's no fee but they ask for a deposit of a percentage of the cost of the book, off the top of my head I can't remember what percentage that is.

Eason's online shop has the book you are after

http://www.easons.com/p-1186784-exit-kingdom.aspx#sthash.7Bo7lZs9.dpbs

They might have it in stock on O'Connoll Street too

Thank you so much! I feel stupid for not checking Easons! You have pleased my urge to read :). A good deed done today :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

if you find it on www.borrowbooks.ie you can order it to be delivered to your local library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

You can also request books from your local library - if there are particular books they don't have, it might just be because no one has ever asked for them so they don't realise the interest is there :)

Advertisement