Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to bring toddler swimming near swords?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey I'm wondering where I could bring my toddler swimming in north Dublin. Not swimming lessons or mother and toddler groups just somewhere I can go every now and again where you don't have to be a member? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Portmarnock possibly. Dont go myself but I no they do classes and free swims. They have a timetable each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

CRC in clontarf, nicely heated pool too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ballymun gym and pool have a kiddies pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lucybelle

Perfect will look into them. Thanks :)

Just for anyone who wants to know about swimming pools in north dublin I have rang a few. Sportslink is members only, ALSAA is members only but you can go once as non member to check it out and can attend mother and toddler groups as pay as you go. Ballymun swimming pool is open to public, Clontarf pool you have to be a member, Energie fitness in applewood is not heated and Portmarnock have awkward times for swimming with toddler. Donaghmeade pool is where I have decided to go to. Its a heated pool, kids under 4 go free, adults are only €5 and the times are great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Thanks for that. But the CRC in clontarf is defineitely not for members only, we go every week to the parent and toddler times, not lessons. it is wärmer than a normal Pool, we go on Monday at 10 and there are usually about 16 people there altogether, it is lovely. you can go to the other public times also.

Where is the Pool in Donaghmede? Is it the one at Northside in Coolock? If so would you let us know what it is like, I have never been.

Oh sorry I rang alot of pools today I must of got mixed up. The pool is in Trinity sports and leisure club, Father Collins Park, 13 The hole in wall road, Donaghmeade. I am not sure about directions but its all on their website. I will let you know how we get on :)

So I went to trinity sports and leisure centre in donaghmeade today and had a great time. The staff where so friendly. It only cost €5 and my toddler was free in. They had a great parent and child changing room and you walk out onto the pool (no long slippy corridors). It was a heated pool so no shock when toddler got in. There was a good few adults doing lengths but there was lots of room. My toddler is not used to swimming. The last time we went in Trabolgan last year he had a meltdown so I was a bit apprehensive this time. He started crying in changing room and continued putting the lip on in the pool. One of the girls working there was so friendly and brought over a ball for him to mess with and within minutes he was laughing his head off and splashingaround. I will definitely be going back :) They also do classes for adults and children from aged 2.

Advertisement