Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety on Henry Street?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Just started renting a small apartment on Henry street ( a bit away from the pubs) and am wondering about general safety in the area. Is there any crime or anything?? There is a court yard door in our bedroom but the court yard is private and only allowed for the few houses in that area and every body needs a key to access it. So i presume it is safe.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Henry street itself is safe, I must have walked it drunk 100s of times and never a bother.
    That said it's close to pubs and you might get some drunk eejit doing something but in all I'd consider noise a bigger factor than crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I lived there for 3+ years, not a bother id say fully safe great area, if you make a habit of walking past the roisin or going emperor city every night at half 2 you'l get the usual drunk crowd, just use common sense. you get groups drinking in the playground some nights but again never had any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I lived there for 3+ years, not a bother id say fully safe great area, if you make a habit of walking past the roisin or going emperor city every night at half 2 you'l get the usual drunk crowd, just use common sense. you get groups drinking in the playground some nights but again never had any hassle.

If it is just giddy drunk people I should be able to manage , as long as there is no break ins or anything? I doubt that would be common around there though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Lived there for a year, possibly in the same complex you're looking at. Never had any problems at all. I really liked the area to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

My Family home is there and I've lived there for 36 years...Not a single issue in that time. Perfectly safe, the only issue you might have is someone drunk eating a kebab at your window at 4am lol. The biggest issue there is honestly the kids from St Marys School dragging markers along the wall..

• Advertisement
Advertisement