Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline Ewe and Lamb buckets

Options
  • 05-01-2014 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭

just wondering does anyone use these. im using them 3 yeaars find them very good, seem to leave lambs very lively when born

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Dickie10 wrote: »
    just wondering does anyone use these. im using them 3 yeaars find them very good, seem to leave lambs very lively when born

Dad used them last Spring and thought highly of them. I wonder are they very expensive compared to other feed sources? They are certainly handy. One of the online retailers have half and full pallets for around 500 & €1k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Yep - I use em, and I find em good. Didn't use em one year, and I thought I saw a difference...
    Dad used them last Spring and thought highly of them. I wonder are they very expensive compared to other feed sources? They are certainly handy. One of the online retailers have half and full pallets for around 500 & €1k.

How many is in a pallet Con? They're 19euro for an 18kg bucket in the local place down here, which isn't too cheap.
    I leave the bucket with em during the day, and remove at night, as otherwise they just go through em too quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Salmonman

Used to use them but found it was the same few sheep that was at them and they only lasted a day.Thought they were too dear
    Started to bolus ewes now instead and find them a good job,at least you know the ewe is getting some minerals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

How many is in a pallet Con? They're 19euro for an 18kg bucket in the local place down here, which isn't too cheap.
    I leave the bucket with em during the day, and remove at night, as otherwise they just go through em too quick.

https://www.agridirect.ie/p/lifeline_lamb_and_ewe_bucket_18kg
    Salmonman wrote: »
    Used to use them but found it was the same few sheep that was at them and they only lasted a day.Thought they were too dear
    Started to bolus ewes now instead and find them a good job,at least you know the ewe is getting some minerals

I find the same thing, 5 or 6 of the same ewes will camp out beside the bucket when they're out.

Advertisement