Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurys Inn - now Limerick City Hotel?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No. Does one have to work there to have an opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What's the cheapest city centre hotel on a Saturday night?

The missus and I live outside Murroe so might be cheaper to get a cheap hotel than a taxi for a night out.

I see the Pery Hotel is €40.80 if you book at least 28 days in advance. Not too bad and no need to collect the car left in town the next day.

I haven't gotten a taxi from town to our place yet so I don't know how it compares.

EDIT: My bad, was looking at a Sunday night date. It's €68 for the night. Might be worth it for €40 but not that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Exeggcute wrote: »
    You're exaggerating. There is nothing wrong with the Quays bar, and the wine bar and restaurant are hardly "at the other side of the hotel" they are in fact connected directly to the Quays bar.

Your being a bit anal now. The Quays bar is to the right when you enter the front lobby of the hotel and yes you can enter the restaurant through that bar around the back.

As for thinking there is nothing wrong with the Quays bar well that's fine, your entitled to your opinion but so am I and judging by the lack of drinkers in there most nights(including the busiest night of the week for city pubs) it would indicate I'm not the only one, the worn decor which hasn't changed from when the pub first opened over 10 years ago certainly doesn't help entice many in these days. That pub used to be a popular spot in the city a few years ago and not just by the hotel residence.

Anyway the OP got the answer they wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The missus and I live outside Murroe so might be cheaper to get a cheap hotel than a taxi for a night out.

I'm in Newport so often stay in Limerick a few times a year and don't check direct. I use Trivago.ie and go with the cheaper option hotel. Parking on a Saturday night is fine as I'd either park on a safer street or in the hotels own parking.

Pier and Glentworth(Perys) have parking.

I've noticed that booking a room on any of the actual hotel pages in Limerick can be cheaper than the likes of Trivago, Bookings etc. Depends on the date obviously. I'm living in the city again so haven't had to get a hotel in a while so not 100% sure.

I'll put ye up on 2 couches for the night. €20 each. Egg McMuffin breakfast included :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It can be hit n miss with hotels. Some have "best rate guarantee" and some don't. I check both but at least Trivago check nearly every website for you rather than doing one at a time.

Quick example, first I checked really.

Clarion - Booking.com €162 Room Only River View
    Clarion Direct - €153 Non River View(doesn't say river view but really they're all river view but I know the booking.com version is the corner type/larger room)
    Clarion Direct - €170 B&B so better than booking.com and both are pre paid and non refundable.

Strand Direct - €155
    Hotels.com - €165

So best to check both. 6th August were the dates checked. That's a lot of money for a Saturday night in Limerick mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

As I have ye there lads,haven't been out in Limerick in a good few years,what bars are the best to start the night?, (age group 30)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably best to go down to the Cornmarket Place area - you have a good few pubs in that area like Nancy Blakes, Flannerys the Old Quarter and Cobblestone Joe's not too far from each other. Your probably a bit old for the likes of Smyths and the Library but they are also in the same area if you want to try your hand.

pkvader wrote: »
    As I have ye there lads,haven't been out in Limerick in a good few years,what bars are the best to start the night?, (age group 30)

Try head out on a match night if ye can. Usually a great night. Flannerys on Catherine street to watch a match or just have a pint if ye don't go to Thomond Park. Tom Collins across the road. Micky Martins and make yer way towards Nancys. Couple of other Flannerys pubs in town too. Limerick is small so ye can do a bit of a pub crawl. I'd recommend finishing up in a late bar rather than a night club. Better atmosphere/wimminz/beer/toilets/overall craic etc.

Advertisement