Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urges when neutered!

• 05-01-2014 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am fostering a whippet x for a few weeks before she goes to her new life in the UK. She was in heat when I got her and my two neutered bichons ( one male and one female) are showing extraordinary interest in her! My male bichon really decided this morning he was going to have a go and the whippet had a good snap at him before I could get him off her.

The male was neutered at 6 months and the female at 1 year. I'm guessing this is normal but I'm not that experienced about it.

They're all getting on well other than that spat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

She's beautiful!
    As to your question, neutered dogs will still be interested in a bitch in heat. They are capable of doing everything that an unneutered male would do (they can still do the business and tie) except cause pregnancy (although when a male has been neutered recently, he can potentially cause pregancy...I know someone that this happened to).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

my dog who was neutered FIFTEEN YEARS ago, when he has had a dinner he particularly enjoyed (hes food obsessed, what can I say!!) will drag the huge polypad (like a numnah) out of his bed, and hump away for Ireland :D

Advertisement