Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bolt knob fitting

Options
  • 05-01-2014 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

just wondering who does this and how much is it gonna cost

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Pending how complicated it is. Look on YouTube plenty of videos. That's how I got mine apart and back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Pending how complicated it is. Look on YouTube plenty of videos. That's how I got mine apart and back together.

He wants to know how much it will cost to have the stock bolt knob chopped off then threaded and the new one put on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've seen it being done from €50 up to €120.

Main thing is get it done by someone that knows their stuff. Unlike a barrel where if a mistake is made you can cut a small piece off and start again if the bolt knob is not done right or damaged during the process then it's gone. Needs replaced. Due to the shape of it and the gunsmith trying to get a square peg to spin true in a round hole it's not an easy thing to start/do.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

juice1304 wrote: »
    He wants to know how much it will cost to have the stock bolt knob chopped off then threaded and the new one put on.

Sorry for assuming it was the knob on the bolt.

Advertisement