Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke Green, opinions

Options
  • 05-01-2014 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Seen this crowd advertised earlier in town today in a shop. What are the e-cigs from Smoke Green like? Also some pretty big claims on their website such as this (I won't post link just in case it's against forum charter)
    We offer nicotine strengths from zero mg to 2.4mg allowing you for the first time the ability to choose the strength of nicotine you want but with No toxins, carcinogens, tar, carbon monoxide, flame, ash, smoke, bad odour or second hand smoke. The only other ingredients are water, propylene glycol and flavourings — all safe — so a Healthier smoking experience at a fraction of the cost of traditional smoking!

These are some big claims. No I know that there would be no tar, ash, bad odour and that water and flavourings are fairly harmless. However, is there actually any evidence that items such as this do not contain toxins, carcinogens, doesn't contribute carbon monoxide to the body? And lastly is there scientific evidence for all of this, including that propylene glycol is safe?

Would give them a shot if I knew what I was going to be getting into. Call me overly cautious but something in all of this seems fishy and though realising that it's much safer than a box of Amber Leaf, the way this company is presenting the product as if it has no side effects is scratching me head. I know they say that if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but I'm willing to look into this and hopefully it's all true. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

JK91 wrote: »
    What are the e-cigs from Smoke Green like?

These are some big claims. No I know that there would be no tar, ash, bad odour and that water and flavourings are fairly harmless. However, is there actually any evidence that items such as this do not contain toxins, carcinogens, doesn't contribute carbon monoxide to the body? And lastly is there scientific evidence for all of this, including that propylene glycol is safe?

Would give them a shot if I knew what I was going to be getting into. Call me overly cautious but something in all of this seems fishy and though realising that it's much safer than a box of Amber Leaf, the way this company is presenting the product as if it has no side effects is scratching me head. I know they say that if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but I'm willing to look into this and hopefully it's all true. Any opinions?

With the filthy games that are being played against ecigs, never accept opinions -> only accept data. Numbers can't lie, people can and far-too-regularly do, especially if they've got money to lose.
    Read this study analysing every major study on ecigs, even the terribly misrepresented ones.
    http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteData/docs/ms08/f90349264250e603/ms08.pdf

There's certainly no carbon monoxide and no carcinogens in eliquids as bought.
    Propyl Glycol is used in a staggering array of almost everything and specific to out inhalation requirements it's used in some asthma inhalers and in hospital air conditioning systems due to it's antimicrobial properties.
    Flavourings are the unknown quantity in ecigs - stay with good brands and you'll know they're not loading their flavours with unsafe ingredients (to their knowledge - more testing is always welcome but companies have shown they'll stop using suspect ingredients as evinced by the lack of diacetyl, sodium benzoate and oils in ejuice nowadays).
    A study came out recently showing that with 5 vapers vaping away for hours in a room the levels of carcinogens rose by 20%, so vapourising obviously does something. 20% sounds bad until you remember the context. The levels of carcinogens rose 20% in comparison to the background levels of carcinogens in a clinical clean-room pre-testing.
    The levels of those carcinogens were 1,428 times lower than workplace safety limits, as opposed to the 1666 times lower that the clean-room air was.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

i began vaping with greensmoke it is a good introduction to the world of vaping but after a few weeks i recommend upgrading to a proper vaporizer with e liquids, more choice and better vapor and throat hit. As for the claims they re not far wrong really but compare to cigs i wouldnt worry too much about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

robbie02 wrote: »
    i began vaping with greensmoke it is a good introduction to the world of vaping but after a few weeks i recommend upgrading to a proper vaporizer with e liquids, more choice and better vapor and throat hit. As for the claims they re not far wrong really but compare to cigs i wouldnt worry too much about that

The op was asking about Smoke Green. Green Smoke are a different company :)

The op was asking about Smoke Green. Green Smoke are a different company :)

Sorry my apologies, i meant to say Green Smoke :eek: same company in question

OR Smoke Green!!! ah here i m going back to bad :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 DrDebaser

Nice one Grindle. The slick advert boys, the lobbyists-the major tobacco companies are down on us now.They've run the figures, seen a movement grow from the ground up. (IE not led by loadsa adverts and celebs telling us what to do) and they have come to the obvious conclusion that smoking in the West is a dead duck. But they need their revenue, millions are made from smoking cigs, millions. So they are pushing into the market, spreading wild claims for and against while they either buy up a reputable brand-Kanger for example, re badge it, double the price and then let the advert guys run with it.

So Smoke Green will provide you with a vaping tool. It will stop you inhaling 100+ dangerous chemicals that are present in the tobacco cigarette. But its an old style system, based on the most expensive way to use ecigs, cartridges that are not refillable. Its web site looks well designed, the product will eventually frustrate you as you see other people spending less, getting better vapes and able to try different flavours..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

They actually are refillable, you're just not supposed to.

My mother gave up cigs using smokegreen but didn't move on to ego batteries and kanger clearos like me. She didn't like the looser vape and wasn't mad on my flavours. Bought carts for her but still a no go.

However with a bit of experimentation we were able to pop the caps off and refill with a juice she liked with a syringe. It means she only has to buy 25 of the smokegreen carts which will last her for about 2 months with refills rather than needing to buy 50 carts a month and just binning them when empty.

Hey, it works for her....

Advertisement