Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain games for cats

• 05-01-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

What do you do to keep your cats mind occupied? At the moment I can exhaust dude with physical games to a certain limit because he can't do the usual jumping while he has a catheter in so his brain is still thinking of ways to cause mischief. Yesterday he pilfered everything he could from on top of his crate and spread it around the room, today he stole a mirangue and hid it behind the toilet...
    So his brain is finding ways to keep him occupied but I would prefer if he would do something... Less destructive!
    So far I've taught him to sit and give paw, and I've been putting food/treats into his circuit toy but it's not enough!
    So has anyone any suggestions for tiring out his brain?! Keeping in mind he has a cone on!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Get a small box, cut some holes in it, big enough to get paws in, fill with scrunched up balls of paper and some treats and dry food.
    Give it when he's a bit hungry for best effect, my friend did this after her cats surgery and she learned to lift the food in her paw to her mouth as it was hard to eat off the floor with the cone.

Advertisement