Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry cleaner.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Dude111 wrote: »
    You can also try REGSEEKER (This is the one I love)

www.fosshub.com/RegSeeker.html

Yes, that looks to be a useful utility, just run it across the machine here, took a while to run, didn't seem to do anything nasty, and certainly found some old and out of date entries in there that are not needed, and are probably slowing things down some.

Worth giving a run, with the caveat of take backups of things before you commit to changes, which it does offer.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

I read a number of reviews on Regseeker and they all suggest that its more suitable for the more advanced user which we know I'm not (except in years)..
    Should I give it a try anyway ?

I downloaded it earlier, and gave it a go at my machine here, and it found a load of orphaned records that may not have been doing any harm, but they are for sure better out of there. If you're not happy about an option, then don't run the next phase, and it will leave things as they are without making changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I read a number of reviews on Regseeker and they all suggest that its more suitable for the more advanced user which we know I'm not
    Well to be fair ALL REG CLEANERS ARE NOT FOR BEGGINERS!! -- They CAN do alot of damage if you dont know what your doing!! (Removing all the entries from the STARTUP TAB for example)

But of all the reg cleaners I have used,REGSEEKER is my favourite! (First time i used it IT FOUND 850 KEYS!!!!! (It got a home straight away))

Thanks for the interest.
    Can you see a way I can use it without doing damage..bit by bit.
    From what I've read its a cleaner with real attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Thanks for the interest.
    Can you see a way I can use it without doing damage..bit by bit.
    From what I've read its a cleaner with real attitude.

+1

is there any basic steps that dummies like us can follow to safely use this tool to do just a general clear out of junk from time to time.

I've been using glary utilities for yrs now without tweeking any settings and never had a problem. It cleaned up stuff that ccleaner didn't catch.

Will try and put some basics notes together, but it may not be for a few days, have to sort some non computer issues first

Update on my computer..
    A few weeks ago it went into startup repair mode and stayed there. A friend of a friend who knows his way around a computer ( this I found out by chance) took my machine away for a few days and set it back to factory setting .
    Its working away a treat now...lets hope that continues for some time.
    I want to say thanks to everyone on here for all the help.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Im glad she is working good buddy :)

Advertisement