Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student/Single Parent need help!

Options
  • 05-01-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi you guys. I'm 23 and looking to go college in Dublin as a mature student next sept. Thing is I have a 2 (will be three) year old son. I'm a single mother on one parent family and don't receive any maintenance. I currently live in Carlow and am in receipt of rent allowance along with my OPF. I need help, is it actually possible for me to uproot and move to Dublin with my son whilst I get a most desired degree and get off friggin' social welfare!! Any help i could on the following would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
      - Can I still receive my rent allowance and just change over to Dublin? - Is there any help/Free childcare schemes ect? - Any help from the colleges DIT/NCAD on this matter? - Any transport allowances if I were to travel up everyday? PLEASE HELP! Yours sincerely 23 year old in desperate want of an education :(

Comments

Advertisement