Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 Alarm "0*6 - Temporary User" disabled?

Options
  • 05-01-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hopefully someone will know how to enable the 'Temporary User' feature of my alarm. Its a HKC SW1070 alarm. From the control panel (a friend has the same alarm setup) you can setup a temporary code for a trades person that will expire after a set time.
    When on my friends panel hits 0*6 then they get prompted for a code, duration etc. but when I do it I get a denied message. Any idea how to enable this feature?

Cheers,
    Kerb

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you the engineer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup, have the engineer code - from the menus on the control panel I couldn't see how you could enable that feature. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Yup, have the engineer code - from the menus on the control panel I couldn't see how you could enable that feature. Any help appreciated

Syetem option menu. Quick *key menu 0*6 is at no . Change to yes and exit eng mode.

Stephen868 wrote: »
    Syetem option menu. Quick *key menu 0*6 is at no . Change to yes and exit eng mode.

Don't see such a menu when go through the menu list when I type: 0 <eng code> '#/next'

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure its the engineer code your using?
    What menu options are you seeing?

• Advertisement

Ah, no I was using the manager code. How can I get the engineer code?

The default engineer code is 04567 but it may have been changed by the installer.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The default engineer code is 04567 but it may have been changed by the installer.

Thanks KoolKid. Looks like the engineer code has indeed been changed;
    0 04567
    or
    0 4567
    doesn't work so I will call the installer tomorrow to hopefully get the code. If they suggest they want to charge me to come out and change it to something can I do anything myself to change it?

When faced with someone like that , I would shop around and see can someone else do it for you.
    There are a few options to installers to reset these panels. I'd rather give someone else the money than the lad who can easily do it but won't.

KoolKid wrote: »
    When faced with someone like that , I would shop around and see can someone else do it for you.
    There are a few options to installers to reset these panels. I'd rather give someone else the money than the lad who can easily do it but won't.

Good point - I will call the installer tomorrow and see how I go.
    I'm guessing an installer won't have a unique engineering code per install so wouldn't be willing to share it.

• Advertisement

All resolved with the help of KoolKid - many thanks again!

Your welcome. Any problems you know where we are.

Slightly new feature on the panel has popped up. When I am inserting the alarm, normal walk in door and type the code, instead of it just disarming it now asks "Unarm?" and I need to hit Yes. Did my tinkering do that?

Advertisement