Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films with really bad mistakes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I thought the Lone Ranger was very under-rated, it was overlong and had narrative troubles but I found it very enjoyable, especially the climax featuring the trains with Overture in the background.

It also looked fantastic.

Same, it's a mess tone and plot wise but what's good in it was hugely enjoyable, and the train climax was the best setpiece of the summer imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

This scene in the Matrix, a lot of these mistakes you won't notice unless your paying attention but this was pretty obvious

the-matrix-doorknob2.png

In the cinema version of 28 days later there is a woman walking up the road with shopping bags in one of the scenes of the deserted city, I am not sure if this was cut out for DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Escape to Victory

The pitch invading 1940's Parisians with their long hair, flares,wide-collared shirts and some afros were years ahead of their time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sean Connery's opening and closing shirt top button every second time the camera is on him when he is talking to Kevin Costner in a scene in The Untouchables.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think that only used to happen when it was shown incorrectly in the cinema.

The broadcast and home viewing releases of films should not have stuff like that in it and should be masked off correctly I would think.
    It frequently happens with the broadcast versions as well since they are often shown open matte rather than panned and scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It frequently happens with the broadcast versions as well since they are often shown open matte rather than panned and scanned.

I did not know that possibility even existed. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Goodfellas, when ray liottas wife points a gun at his head its a silver gun, but the shot from liottas perspective clearly shows a black gun (it's not lighting). They go back and forth between the two shots so its really obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

krudler wrote: »
    Face/Off is definitely a contender for worst stunt doubles ever, the stunts and action are great, but the guys doing them look NOTHING like Cage and Travolta.

I seen that there a few months ago, & it stood out like a sore thumb. I think it was a slow motion shot where they're jumping off a boat or something...it's clear as day that they are different people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Someone pointed out that in the Bloody Sunday reenaction for the Michael Collins film, they forgot to have the "John 3:7" guy in the stands.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There's a Youtube channel dedicated to film errors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You'd think these days they could just edit the actors face onto the stunt mans face with all their technology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

krudler wrote: »
    Face/Off is definitely a contender for worst stunt doubles ever, the stunts and action are great, but the guys doing them look NOTHING like Cage and Travolta.

Definitely. The scene where they're both flying through the air is particularity noticeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There's a scene in Annie where you can plainly see the Annie midget stunt double's moustache.

Not a terrible mistake by any means but still pretty funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The CinemaSins series seem less like pointing out occasionally fun gaffs and more like insane, dry pedantry tbh; it's one thing to spot a bad stuntman likeness or errant boom-mike in shot, they can be fun and a bit of an innocent laugh, but videos like the above feel like they belong in that same class of over-analytical obsessiveness that the internet likes to empower. The HD era must be a nightmare for set-dressers and cameramen too; you can no longer rely on the graininess of the video to hide mistakes :)

Now this is the kind of gaff I'd have time for :D iirc Lucas only added the 'thunk' after fans pointed it out post-release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This is a pretty good one alright!

108191.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,430 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sorry for digging up a zombie thread

Was watching Veronica Guerin the other night and noticed what could of been a mistake

During the
    funeral scene for Veronica, I noticed the actor who played the monk was at the funeral and visible enough

I wonder was it a mistake or was he actually at the funeral (the real life counterpart that is ?)

Advertisement