Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat in trouble Dromod Harbour

• 06-01-2014 12:24am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This was earlier today and the water has risen quite a bit since then so if anyone knows the owner please let them know.

1545124_10202971965399344_1742470582_n.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

WOW thats something else .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I hear the water is now up over the wall :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

pity the owner of that boat . it looks nice too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I'm sure a good samaritan could get some spare line and attach out to the anchor chain and run it out into a baltic moor and keep it off the wall. Would take 10mins.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'm sure a good samaritan could get some spare line and attach out to the anchor chain and run it out into a baltic moor and keep it off the wall. Would take 10mins.

A tricky one this, there is an unwritten rule of "Don't touch another mans ropes" on one hand you might be able to save the boat but what would happen if a gust of wind came and blew it up onto the harbour causing it more damage would you be liable, on a small boat it might be worth the risk but something this size could cost you a few quid if you were held responsible.

I myself would try and save it somehow maybe by weighing down the fenders but thats because I have a love for all boats but not all boat owners :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thats not to bad, could be alot worse. (Give it a minute to get to the boats)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

fergal.b wrote: »
    A tricky one this, there is an unwritten rule of "Don't touch another mans ropes" on one hand you might be able to save the boat but what would happen if a gust of wind came and blew it up onto the harbour causing it more damage would you be liable, on a small boat it might be worth the risk but something this size could cost you a few quid if you were held responsible.

I myself would try and save it somehow maybe by weighing down the fenders but thats because I have a love for all boats but not all boat owners :)

Or the local marina could take it in tow and shelter in their facility until the owner returns? Might even get a new customer out of it. Although, I'll never understand how someone can pay a hefty pricetag on something like that and not spend a few quid looking after it properly?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Because people have money and think a boat would be a great bit of fun but money cant buy you knowledge of boats or water and they think once its tied up its safe

This one looks quite clean so it could be down to something like a family emergency, illness or maybe the owners house was been flooded at the time.

Advertisement