Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top web search result for my business is the stubvs gazette site

Options
  • 06-01-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭

Typing my business name into Google comes up with the stubbs gazette site. Now it's only a business name search tool that they provide and they show the status of the business etc. Now my business is clean so there are no issues but just because I don't have a Web presence myself, this is the top result.
    I think that it looks pretty bad. I would have assumed until right now that anyone showing up in relation to stubbs gazette was involved in some financial trouble but clearly not since this just a business name search tool they are providing.
    How can I go about getting this changed. I'm afraid of future clients hitting that result and without reading any further thinking my business is in financial hot water.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Setup your own web presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It is indeed unusual that anyone would have such a virtually invisible business presence on the web, such that Stubbs was the primary search result! If the result is a business name search, perhaops you should give the querist sufficient credit that they can ascetain that your list is not credit risk etc related.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It is indeed unusual that anyone would have such a virtually invisible business presence on the web, such that Stubbs was the primary search result! If the result is a business name search, perhaops you should give the querist sufficient credit that they can ascetain that your list is not credit risk etc related.

Fair point. It does look odd though. I guess I should set about putting together a very simple website and get my details across a few business search sites.

Advertisement