Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home made mobile crush :)

Options
  • 06-01-2014 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

lots of tidying up to do but have done a few trial runs and works well, built it myself from old trailor body and some scrap dat was lying round the yard. its wide enough for footbath and holds 4 or 5 ewes for dosing . cost roughly e50 to get to this stage. load sheep, dose, open ramp on the side and when sheep run out use rope to pull ramp back up, i have a gate on the back thats not in pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

dave747 wrote: »
    lots of tidying up to do but have done a few trial runs and works well, built it myself from old trailor body and some scrap dat was lying round the yard. its wide enough for footbath and holds 4 or 5 ewes for dosing . cost roughly e50 to get to this stage. load sheep, dose, open ramp on the side and when sheep run out use rope to pull ramp back up, i have a gate on the back thats not in pics

Good job, great improvisation
    Often thought of using hurdles only, would they be strong enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,449 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Very nicely done Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dave747

Farrell wrote: »
    Often thought of using hurdles only, would they be strong enough?

i used hurdles here before and found dem handy only thing trying to stop the sheep widening them if you make a narrow crush with dem and also pulling the pen around with them, used stakes to steady it up which is grand if all the sheep in the 1 field. i have fragmented farm thou and find this trailor very hand can put gates in the crush and bring them from field to field, and its sturdy can just tie the gates for pen onto it and setup in a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Good idea Dave, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eire23

Nicely made dave, great satisfaction in making something and then putting it to use

• Advertisement
Advertisement