Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 meter long prehistoric gator found in Japan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A gator the size of a Saltie. :)

Not as dramatically bigger than the largest modern gator on record compared to how much larger than modern croc some of the extinct crocs are. But does make me wonder if there is some uber gator whose remains are still waiting to be found.

Although I guess we could make a case for Deinosuchus being that giant gator

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Kess73 wrote: »
    A gator the size of a Saltie. :)

Not as dramatically bigger than the largest modern gator on record compared to how much larger than modern croc some of the extinct crocs are. But does make me wonder if there is some uber gator whose remains are still waiting to be found.

Although I guess we could make a case for Deinosuchus being that giant gator

Assuming of course it actually IS a gator, instead of being simply translated as such...

Meanwhile, we have Purussaurus as the uber alligatorid, even if it's technically a caiman and not an alligator:

i-b18fea59cf6c7e35c7ccea0b3719fc12-Purussaurus.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH0bOSZfInkgdnJ-73YpCiXSMZf7OeYgBWxDtJm5RGrN13MsCo

3775149443_b37a9e9dcc.jpg

Purussaurus+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Assuming of course it actually IS a gator, i

3775149443_b37a9e9dcc.jpg

Oh Purussaurus, what a tiny body you have! :pac:

Assuming of course it actually IS a gator, instead of being simply translated as such...

Meanwhile, we have Purussaurus as the uber alligatorid, even if it's technically a caiman and not an alligator:

So not our uber gator then :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    So not our uber gator then :p

But I'm not sure you can call Deinosuchus a gator either... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ahh cheaply made poorly acted creature features. Now that I can get onboard with. :)

But I'm not sure you can call Deinosuchus a gator either... :(

True, but it would be easier to make a case for it based on what is currently known.

Why do they explode whenever they touch anything? :pac:

Also, they're on the Everglades and they're surprised that "there's something in the water"? :rolleyes:

Advertisement