Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Maths Grinds??

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Apologies, I am new to this. Have I done this correctly, as I am looking for someone to give honours maths grinds to my son. I Have dissected nearly 100 posts on here already, with no luck? Am losing the will to live :(
    Please PM me if you can help
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You could try ringing some local schools to see if any teacher would be interested. Supermarkets like Supervalu often have notices on their notice boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 doblush

Thanks 'byhookorbycrook', didn't think of the supermarkets. Kids are back 2morrow, going to bond with the house phone and ring around the senior schools and see if there are any teachers offering grinds. Have asked one or two but didn't think of widening search to all the schools. Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Might be worth looking in the ads in the Nationalist tomorrow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've heard of people going to the college and sticking a notice up asking for students to do grinds for their children. I'm not sure when the college is back but might be worth going down if you have no luck elsewhere.

Thanks guys, gonna try the colleges also. Nothing in the Nationalist except for Irish grinds, but will try the Laois Nationalist too. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Hey

I am a qualified accountant and have given JC grinds to relatives in last few years at higher level I work from home so have the flexibility.

If you are interested PM me

Thanks

Are you still interested in offering Maths grinds at for JC at ordinary level now, son had to drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

IT doing a crash course over Easter

Dates:
    Maths H/L 15th April 2014**

Maths O/L 16th April 2014**

English H/L 22nd April 2014

English O/L 23rd April 2014

10:00 am – 3:00 pm each day

Students who are interested in attending should complete a short on-line survey at www.itcarlow.ie/lcrevision
    On or before 14th March 2014.

Students must bring their own Log tables for Mathematics and stationery for note taking for both subjects

www.itcarlow.ie/lcrevision

Advertisement