Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO number

Options
  • 06-01-2014 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Did a quick search and couldn't find a similar thread.

I'm hopefully going back to college this year as a mature student, but I have forgotten my CAO number. Can anybody tell me where I can retrieve it? Can I get it from my school where I did my leaving cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

SingItOut wrote: »
    Did a quick search and couldn't find a similar thread.

I'm hopefully going back to college this year as a mature student, but I have forgotten my CAO number. Can anybody tell me where I can retrieve it? Can I get it from my school where I did my leaving cert?

You have to re apply and get a new cao number every year that you apply for a course. There is a fee too something like 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

arf91 wrote: »
    You have to re apply and get a new cao number every year that you apply for a course. There is a fee too something like 20e.

Thank you ... There's always a catch :P

SingItOut wrote: »
    Thank you ... There's always a catch :P

Good luck with the application process. Having done it 3 times in the recent past mg advice is to make sure to get all your documents in on time its easy to underestimate how long these things take!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ame nuser

where do you get the new cao number from?
    like do you send your application to cao in galway and then they post you out a new number or what?
    I'm getting panicked as deadline is looming and I need to send my application by post pronto....

Are you applying as a mature student too? You just download the application form from the cao site but make sure you check the mature applications link to see if there are any special requirements for the college you are applying to (if there are the college will be listed in that section) otherwise you just apply to the cao as normal. Closing date is feb 1st for most mature applicants. Contact the college by phone (none seem bothered to reply to emails) and double check the requirements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ame nuser

thanks so much for that, the only thing is where do you get the cao number from?
    I have application filled out, all my details etc except cao number.. yeah, im reapplying as a mature student

No worries, you should have received your cao number when you downloaded the cao application form. I'd give the cao a ring early tomorrow and ask them what's going on

ame nuser wrote: »
    thanks so much for that, the only thing is where do you get the cao number from?
    I have application filled out, all my details etc except cao number.. yeah, im reapplying as a mature student

Do the online application and they will email it you. Theres always citizens information you can call/drop into if you get stuck on anything.

Advertisement