Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of credit card

Options
  • 06-01-2014 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am living abroad and have a platinum credit card still with BOI. This had the government charge of €30 and the banks charge of approx €80 per year. I would like to keep an Irish credit card for emergencies. The card I have includes travel insurance which I'm sure won't cover me if anything happens as I'm not resident in Ireland.

Is there a way that I can change my card from the one I have to the Classic credit card without having to submit a new application (which I suspect would be declined due to having no income in Ireland at the moment)?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

drpm_99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am living abroad and have a platinum credit card still with BOI. This had the government charge of €30 and the banks charge of approx €80 per year. I would like to keep an Irish credit card for emergencies. The card I have includes travel insurance which I'm sure won't cover me if anything happens as I'm not resident in Ireland.

Is there a way that I can change my card from the one I have to the Classic credit card without having to submit a new application (which I suspect would be declined due to having no income in Ireland at the moment)?

Thank you

Tweet them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

3DataModem wrote: »
    Tweet them and ask.

Unfortunately, I'm behind the times with twitter...also the question I have may be over twitters character limit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi drpm_99,

Thanks for your post.

To change from the Platinum Card to the Classic Card, you would need to contact Credit Card Services and an application would have to be submitted. 

If the address on your existing credit card is outside Ireland you shouldn't be liable for government card duty. When you call about changing the card type, please mention your concerns regarding this and the travel insurance as they can clarify things for you. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 00353 56 775 7747. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

Hi drpm_99,

Thanks for your post.

To change from the Platinum Card to the Classic Card, you would need to contact Credit Card Services and an application would have to be submitted. 

If the address on your existing credit card is outside Ireland you shouldn't be liable for government card duty. When you call about changing the card type, please mention your concerns regarding this and the travel insurance as they can clarify things for you. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 00353 56 775 7747. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the quick response - ill get in contact with them soon

Advertisement