Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal and Turf

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Where do people get their coal and turf from these days? Moving to a house with a real fire and I know costs can hugely vary!

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Where are you based ?
    Some places will deliver but I think thats only for bulk buys.

i get blocks and turf from a place near turners cross (5 per bag of each).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Crap I always forget their names the chaps on Monaghan road Kelly and Sons that's them. They will deliver too €20 - €25 for a big bag of coal and big bag of turf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I go to Great Gas Fuels or something like that, have a large shed out the back.

Reasonable on coal, Uniflame is 17 - 18 Euro per 40kg.

Dunno how much their turf is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I go to Great Gas Fuels or something like that, have a large shed out the back.

Reasonable on coal, Uniflame is 17 - 18 Euro per 40kg.

Dunno how much their turf is.

Thats the place I was failing to think of

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭S Barrett

Hanleys in Grange are offering 3 bags of coal for €45 or 1 bag coal, 1 bricquettes for €20 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Milly33 wrote: »
    Crap I always forget their names the chaps on Monaghan road Kelly and Sons that's them. They will deliver too €20 - €25 for a big bag of coal and big bag of turf

Is that Suttons?

I get mine on Barrack St Murphy's & Sons. They're very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

O'Sheas will deliver as few or as many bags of decent smokeless or singles as you want for about €18 per-hundredweight.

Advertisement