Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Carrigaline area and looking for new mates

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    I have just moved to Carrigaline. I do not know anybody and I was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions as to how I might make a few new buddies in the area. I am male, 32 and married. I am not into sport (which seems to be the 'big thing' in the area) or heavy drinking. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

A few things that spring to mind are.

1. Barbershop singing. There is male group called The Polyphonics who operate out in and around Carrigaline: https://www.facebook.com/ThePolyphonicsCork

2. There are Trad sessions in the Stables on a Monday night I think. No need to drink, just join in the seisuin.

3. Twinning Committees. Carrigaline has a French Twinning committee and a new German one as well I think.

4. If you are religious, the Catholic Church folk group are always looking for members.

5. While you arent sporty, the Tennis club are always very inviting to newbies.

6. Study the horses and sit in Cogan's Bar.

7. Carrigaline recently opened a new snooker hall. Call in and see if you can organise matches . Snooker isnt a sport, no matter what they tell you ;-)

8. I think an acting club still exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Maybe get crewing on some boats racing out of Crosshaven, while technically it is a sport you get to yacht around the harbour, meet new people and have a new activity to do a couple of days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macra Carrigaline

Hi have you ever thought of joining Macra, it's a group for people aged 18-35 most people would be of a mixed age bracket. We do loads of different things, we organised the big new years eve ball that was on in carrigaline court there last month but we have loads coming up. There are cinema nights, bowling nights ect. We do loads of social events and then there is public speaking, debating, drama, then we do loads around the community and There are comedy and dance shows. We have a meeting every month basically what ever you want to do we do. There is a load of travel events both nationally and internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moveover

Thanks for the replies guys. All great ideas. I guess I was just looking for someone to go for a few scoops or a jog and have a chat. You have given me some great ideas, though. Thanks for that.

Advertisement