Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resogun platinum trophy. Help

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey guy I have no idea if this is even popular enough to even ask this, but I'm trying desperately to get the 1cc trophy (beat arcade mode on experienced without losing all lives) to get platinum. I've made it to the last level a few time but only to the end boss once. I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice or if you too are struggling to get this trophy we can team up and beat it co op.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm about at the same level, have reached level 5, but haven't beaten it yet.

I found this tips thread on the developers site, I picked up some useful things there:
    http://www.housemarqueblog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=118

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When it comes to shmups, there's only so much advice one can offer to 1CC a game - a certain degree is always going to come down to practice and skill. But there are a few hints that should help in Resogun. If you die too much in the early levels, restart: the lives will be more valuable later on. Know what humans give you extra lives and bombs in the last couple of levels (is it the seventh and tenth in the final level for extra lives?), as they're the ones you need to get - if you're struggling, you can probably ignore the rest of the 'last humans'. IMO for a pure survival run the third ship is invaluable - it just bursts through the standard popcorn enemies (and even some of the bosses), although individual playstyles will suit better ships. And slow and steady - the last boss is by far the hardest part of the entire game, especially when it starts spewing its bullet hell streams towards the end. Just inch yourself forward and focusing on dodging / getting in a few waves of shooting, unless you have bombs or overdrives in reserve. I know there were a few attempts when rushing forward led to a hasty death.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

Thanks for the help guys I'll have to try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I did it at last, finished arcade/experienced on one credit. Found some useful tips in this article:
    How to score big in Resogun

Another thing I found useful was doing the challenge to beat a level using only boost (it's one of the trophies). Fun to do and teaches you to use boost more efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Got the platinum on this tonight. I think I know now how that father felt when he flew his plane in the alien spacecraft in the movie Independence Day. Phew

• Advertisement
Advertisement